Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 03-17-2013, 11:30 AM   #1
EasyE500

Default Help :)

Im very new to Munchkins but we bought Super Munchkin1+2
and loving it. but cant figure out if this play is legal.

I look for trouble and find Beer Belch +2 "only for males" i play it and instead of looting the room i play a lvl 16 mob from my hand" +2 lvls up 4 tressures. i can easily kill this but i get a duplo ray in the face. and suddely i get 2 of em. i still manage to kill them both so +4 lvls and now the tricky part is it legal to play the Card "Son of..." go trough the discards until you come to the last monster that defeated "witch is the lvl 16 but it gets +5 lvl up for using the Son of... so its lvl 21 is this a legal play ? now someone playes Contrived Escape "play after any succesful combat the foe(s) got away the winner(s) of the combat still get tressure but not the lvls.
if this is all a legal move do i lose what would have given me 6 lvls in one turn
or do i only lose 2 last lvls since that combat is gone and cards have been put in the discard pile and taken out again "with the Son of... ?or what i suspect is that i cant even play the Son of... as i did ?

hope it makes sense :)

cheers Aj.
EasyE500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:00 PM   #2
MunchkinMan

Default Re: Help :)

Well, "looking for trouble" is a specific phase of the game, and that is when you play a Monster from your hand, so, if I'm interpreting you correctly, you kicked down the door and found Beer Belch before looking for trouble against a 16 Level Monster.

As for your Question: Son Of . . . is a Monster. You kicked down the door, and didn't find a Monster, which allowed you the choice of looking for trouble or looting the room. You looked for trouble against a Monster already, so you can't possibly do it again with Son Of . . .. However, playing Contrived Escape would prevent you from getting the 4 levels you'd earned from the legitimate combat you'd been in before.

Also, in the future: Rather than confusing the community with esoteric terms not related to the actual game, please steer clear of using "mob" when the game specifically has a card type, Monster, that you can refer to. This helps all the (many) people here who have never played some MMORPG understand what you are talking about.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:14 PM   #3
EasyE500

thx you for the fast response :)

ok so far so good.

so the card Son of... would count the same as playing a Monster from you hand ?
and since im only allowed to have 1 combat phase "unless a card would state otherwise"

The card Contrived Escape" witch lets me leave a combat gain no lvls but i gain the tressures"if that is done in a joined combat i get +4 lvls helper takes all 8 tressures" and they draw the card Contrived Escape can they still play it after having drawn it as the "reward for helping" and cost me those 4 lvls :)

Last edited by EasyE500; 03-17-2013 at 12:18 PM.
EasyE500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:39 PM   #4
Clipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyE500 View Post
so the card Son of... would count the same as playing a Monster from you hand ?
It doesn't just count the same as one, Son Of. . . is a monster card for all intents and purposes.

Quote:
The card Contrived Escape" witch lets me leave a combat gain no lvls but i gain the tressures"if that is done in a joined combat i get +4 lvls helper takes all 8 tressures" and they draw the card Contrived Escape can they still play it after having drawn it as the "reward for helping" and cost me those 4 lvls :)
No. The Treasures are drawn and distributed after you go up levels for the monster/s you killed. It is thus too late to play Contrived Escape in this scenario.