Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Car Wars

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2019, 08:19 PM   #411
JimTullis

Default Re: Cars Wars 6E - What We Know - 1st Post will be updated over time

Thanks for the Info Phil.
Old 07-19-2019, 01:10 AM   #412
schoon

Quick question: is development now essentially done, and we're waiting for the right timing on the KS, or are there still developmental milestones that need doing before things are ready?
Old 07-19-2019, 04:36 AM   #413
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoon View Post
Quick question: is development now essentially done, and we're waiting for the right timing on the KS, or are there still developmental milestones that need doing before things are ready?
Game development is basically finished on the core game and a number of the expansions. That is in no ways the end of the work.

There are a lot of moving parts to something of this size. If we were to launch a Kickstarter campaign today, it would be a complete and total failure because we are not yet ready.

We continue to work on the project.
Old 07-20-2019, 02:48 AM   #414
schoon

Thank you for the update, Phil.

I think we're all unified in the desire to see this succeed!
Old 08-03-2019, 11:29 PM   #415
Fred Skin

1/64 scale finally! There is alot of competition CW6 is up against and I think 1/64 scale can only help it

Last edited by Fred Skin; 08-03-2019 at 11:33 PM.
Old 08-04-2019, 01:50 AM   #416
schoon

For anyone scratching their head about that last post, check out the August 4th posting for the Daily Illuminator.

Steve and the CW development team has decided to go 1:64 (Matchbox) scale for the game.

That's making me happy!
Old 08-04-2019, 12:44 PM   #417
jfleisher

1/64 scale is model railroad “S” scale, so correctly scaled buildings will be available as an option. Figure scale is nominally 30mm, so gaming figures could be used as pedestrians.

My Ogre Miniatures Blog: http://ogreminiatures.blogspot.com
Old 08-04-2019, 05:45 PM   #418
ColBosch

Both 1/72 and 25mm scale accessories and figures work pretty well with 1/64th. This is what many of us have always wanted, so I'm thrilled. HO was acceptably cool. 1/64 is just hands-down awesome.
Old 08-05-2019, 08:23 AM   #419
JimTullis

Can't say I'm on board with 1/64th scale.

JFleisher said it is equivalent to S Scale train gear. In the past 50 years I've never seen S Scale train items available in local train shops. Maybe in larger cities, but I've never seen it at Hobby Town, etc. H0 scale items are super plentiful in most local locations

H0 scale is easier to store and transport. Plus you can play in a smaller space and still have lots of room for tactical decisions. I understand that the goal here is to drive and shoot, but I would like it if it was drive and shoot with some tactical space.

Gaslands and soon Junkerdrome are 1/64th scale and moving to this scale could be perceived as a bandwagon move.

I played in a demo at GenCon. The cars were not H0 scale (but not quite 1/64th either), Combat started on round 1 with very little maneuvering. This is great fore a demo, but I'm not sure it will make for a Long Term sustainable game. Having room for maneuvering and some terrain would be nice.

The driving and combat systems were fun and had just enough going on to be interesting without getting bogged down. I think I'll enjoy the gameplay.

Most of my concerns are about sizes of things.

I was super hopeful about H0 scale.

And I was hopeful that the upgrade cards would be sleevable and able to be stored in binder pages. The hand made cards in the demo were mere millimeters too large to be placed in the "Mini American" card sleeves that already exist for X-Wing, etc. The cards fit in binder pages, but only just barely. HOPEFULLY when they go to factory production, they will look into getting the cards to a standard size where there are existing storage and protection options.

Control Tokens could be a tiny bit larger, they seemed like they would be very easily lost. Other tokens seemed to be about the same size as stuff you might find in existing games.

To sum up. I remain very hopeful about this game. I just have some minor concerns.
Closed Thread