Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Warehouse 23 > Warehouse 23 Digital

Old 04-07-2013, 05:48 AM   #1
NocTempre

Default GURPS Lite

Disclaimer: I am interested in nothing except promoting GURPS and supporting Steve Jackson Games.

If I took the time to develop a fully functional framework for GURPS Lite in Maptools, perhaps including an original short campaign, all for free, would SJG have any issue with this? If the quality is reasonable, perhaps it could even be added as a free supplement on the e23 site?

Note I'm only aspiring to develop the framework for the lite version at this time. I would not include anything not found in free GURP pdfs unless for some reason I was asked to by SJG, either as a paid supplement or endorsed free updates.

(I do hope this is the correct subforum, I apologize in advance if a moderator is forced to move it)
NocTempre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:54 AM   #2
The Wrathchild

Location: A nice, warm rock with an excellent view of the Damned
Default Re: GURPS Lite

Are you familiar with the work that has already been done for GURPS with MapTool? The latest developer, Winter (on the RPTools forums), has had several discussions with SJG staff on the matter.

As to speaking with SJG about it, I believe that the way to do it is to contact them via email or other private line to debate it there.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:59 AM   #3
NocTempre

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wrathchild View Post
Are you familiar with the work that has already been done for GURPS with MapTool? The latest developer, Winter (on the RPTools forums), has had several discussions with SJG staff on the matter.

As to speaking with SJG about it, I believe that the way to do it is to contact them via email or other private line to debate it there.
I can't find your original version, and the 2.0 has been dead for nearly a year :(

I have seen mention of these discussions but no statements of the conclusions. I mean, I suppose I could just build a framework and not call it GURPS lite at all by changing certain keywords, but I want to promote the game proper, not steal (morally, legally it's fair use) from it.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:00 AM   #4
The Wrathchild

Location: A nice, warm rock with an excellent view of the Damned

Just follow the link in my sig and it'll take you to the original thread :-).
Old 04-07-2013, 07:19 AM   #5
NocTempre

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wrathchild View Post
Just follow the link in my sig and it'll take you to the original thread :-).
Yes, but the framework itself... do I have to dig through the posts to find a link? The list of frameworks leads to a dead end as well.

Tags
e23, gurps, lite, maptools, software