Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 12-06-2022, 03:36 PM   #331
TGLS

Default Re: (IC) Lost in Dreams (Julian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
How big around a hole is Julian going to make?
I dunno, 30 cm in diameter? If it's still burning it will do.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 08:23 AM   #332
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Its not still burning: the closer to the surface, the wetter and greener the vegetation. Making that hole took over half an hour.

Julian rests. Eventually, the heat stops coming from his hand.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 11:27 AM   #333
TGLS

Quote:
Its not still burning: the closer to the surface, the wetter and greener the vegetation. Making that hole took over half an hour.

Julian rests. Eventually, the heat stops coming from his hand.
I briefly wonder if there's reverse lightning here. I get an idea before I sleep; I'll draw most of a heat Vasic, so I can complete the pattern in a hurry if necessary.

Quote:
[100] 22-12-07 19:26:20 CET
Vasic Ops (quad time)
3d6 <= 12
3 + 4 + 5 = 12 ... success
Now I sleep (unless my hand is hot again.)
Old 12-08-2022, 07:57 AM   #334
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I briefly wonder if there's reverse lightning here. I get an idea before I sleep; I'll draw most of a heat Vasic, so I can complete the pattern in a hurry if necessary.

Now I sleep (unless my hand is hot again.)
Julian's hand is not hot, and he falls asleep near the hole he's burned in the vegetation.

He sleeps peacefully, free of his captors, and free of dreams.

When he wakes up, he's hungry. He's not sure how long its been since he ate and then escaped.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 12-08-2022, 10:26 AM   #335
TGLS

I'll check if there are still embers on the stick. If not, I'll try to draw a light Vasic on the other side of my hand. When I get light I'll check around the tunnel to see if there's anything edible here. I think it's just the vegetation, which I don't imagine is very edible.
Quote:
[101] 22-12-08 18:20:09 CET

Vasic ops quad time

3d6 <= 12
3 + 3 + 6 = 12 ... success

[102] 22-12-08 18:21:05 CET

Perception inside the tunnel

3d6 <= 13
4 + 4 + 3 = 11 ... success
I stick my head through the hole and see if there's anything hanging from the bottom that looks edible. Probably not, fruit exists to get animals to spread seeds, and what would need spreading up here? If there's anything, I'll try to climb under the vegetation to get at the fruit.
Quote:
[103] 22-12-08 18:21:18 CET
Perception through the hole
3d6 <= 13
4 + 2 + 4 = 10 ... success
[104] 22-12-08 18:23:44 CET
Climbing if I find food through the hole
3d6 <= 11
3 + 1 + 3 = 7 ... success
If I can't find anything, I'll try the vegetation. Then I'll head onwards. It's not as if the vegetation really differs from one spot to the next
Quote:
[105] 22-12-08 18:25:50 CET

Hiking

3d6 <= 11
6 + 1 + 3 = 10 ... success
Old 12-09-2022, 09:15 AM   #336
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
I'll check if there are still embers on the stick. If not, I'll try to draw a light Vasic on the other side of my hand. When I get light I'll check around the tunnel to see if there's anything edible here. I think it's just the vegetation, which I don't imagine is very edible.

I stick my head through the hole and see if there's anything hanging from the bottom that looks edible. Probably not, fruit exists to get animals to spread seeds, and what would need spreading up here? If there's anything, I'll try to climb under the vegetation to get at the fruit.

If I can't find anything, I'll try the vegetation. Then I'll head onwards. It's not as if the vegetation really differs from one spot to the next
looking around, Julian spots some fruit... bright red, maybe 30 feet away, hanging from the bottom of the vegetation.

The hole is too small to get his whole body through right now.

Did you really just risk one of the multiverses's most spectacular falls on skill 11?

Old 12-09-2022, 11:25 AM   #337
TGLS

Quote:
looking around, Julian spots some fruit... bright red, maybe 30 feet away, hanging from the bottom of the vegetation.

The hole is too small to get his whole body through right
Well better make that hole bigger.
I assume finishing the pattern isn't a roll.
I finish the heat pattern and burn a larger hole so I can make it through to the fruit. Might be troublesome getting it back through the hole.

Do I have any of the end of the rope that was used to tie me to Reslin and Togar, or did that fall off with the pack, or is it to burnt to be used?

Quote:
Did you really just risk one of the multiverses's most spectacular falls on skill 11?
Well with Luck it's only 5% chance of failure. And a plain failure might not be instantly lethal.

Last edited by TGLS; 12-12-2022 at 06:14 AM.
Old 12-12-2022, 10:00 AM   #338
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Finishing the pattern works, an Julian has a source of heat coming from his palm. He opens up the hole quite a bit more, taking quite a while to open in up, and then climbs after the fruit.

Its a long ways down. The thick vegetation does give a number of hand-holds, and Julian manages to get sort of on top of the thinnest layer so he can rest his arms occasionally. His light weight probably also helps him.

He notices that there is quite a lot of variety in the vegetation, and there is a fair amount of green fruit that isn't yet ripe. The fruit he reaches has a red skin, and is yellow on the inside with lots and lots of seeds dispersed throughout the fruit. The fruit is only a little sweet, but seems to have a fair amount of starch in it. And water. And so many seeds.

Julian notices flyers in the distance... some sort of Hawkin, it looks like.

Old 12-12-2022, 04:17 PM   #339
TGLS

Quote:
Finishing the pattern works, an Julian has a source of heat coming from his palm. He opens up the hole quite a bit more, taking quite a while to open in up, and then climbs after the fruit.
I imagine I waited for the heat to dissipate before climbed downwards.

Quote:
He notices that there is quite a lot of variety in the vegetation, and there is a fair amount of green fruit that isn't yet ripe. The fruit he reaches has a red skin, and is yellow on the inside with lots and lots of seeds dispersed throughout the fruit. The fruit is only a little sweet, but seems to have a fair amount of starch in it. And water. And so many seeds.
I guess, pppt, these seeds, pppt, aren't edible, pppt, like pomegranates. Hopefully this isn't like eating raw potato either.

Quote:
Its a long ways down. The thick vegetation does give a number of hand-holds, and Julian manages to get sort of on top of the thinnest layer so he can rest his arms occasionally. His light weight probably also helps him.

Julian notices flyers in the distance... some sort of Hawkin, it looks like.
So how am I positioned when I noticed them? Eating without hands? Sitting on the thin layer? I'll call out and wave my hands. "Help! Hello! Over here!"
Old 12-14-2022, 10:55 AM   #340
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
I imagine I waited for the heat to dissipate before climbed downwards.
What, on your hand, or the hole? Either way, its a while... but food is probably worth it. Julian has been in this spot for hours.

Quote:
I guess, pppt, these seeds, pppt, aren't edible, pppt, like pomegranates. Hopefully this isn't like eating raw potato either.
It tastes plateable enough. Julian has certainly eaten worse. The seeds seem swallowable if he cares to do so.

Quote:
So how am I positioned when I noticed them? Eating without hands? Sitting on the thin layer? I'll call out and wave my hands. "Help! Hello! Over here!"
Lying down on the thin layer: its pretty shallow.

There seems to be a change in their flight, But Julian isn't quite sure what they are doing after that.

Tags
lost in dreams