Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 02-23-2023, 08:46 AM   #151
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Lost in Dreams II (OCC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
And he fell off a cliff, fell 200 km and survived! Spending:

Added:
1 Point to Climbing
1 Point to Vasic Operation
1 Point to Riask (Spoken)
1 Point to Fast-Talk

1 Point Saved (Towards buying off Disads eventually)
Approved. Please update your sheet. As a note on vasic operation, I think he only knows energy stones at this point.

Quote:
A world covered in lava maybe? (i.e. Io, Mustafar, last level in Mario games)
The terrain is easy, its the civilization that is hard!

Quote:
Well, to me it's 50/50 clouds and fire. And clouds would be too easy to write off as a lower level of Riask (Though the missing waterfall would be a clue).
Especially because my go-to cloud world is the homeworld for the Hawkin.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 10:39 AM   #152
TGLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Approved. Please update your sheet. As a note on vasic operation, I think he only knows energy stones at this point.
Updated the linked copy.
Quote:
Especially because my go-to cloud world is the homeworld for the Hawkin.
Well it would definitely have Julian figure out what's going on tout-suite.

"Hang on, I just fell from Bumundo to here. Why would that Hawkin be acting like this place is so far away?"
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2023, 06:03 PM   #153
TGLS

Quote:
Hah. Hadn't thought about that. Conflict zones are common in lost in dreams.
Well, "Julian goes to the well-funded orphanage and works on his self esteem" is probably hard to make work and doesn't really fit the theme.

On the other hand, I can see, "Julian goes to the well-funded orphanage and proceeds to say things that draw the attention of the authorities (either because he starts saying things that aren't astute or because they're aware of parallel worlds.)" working.
Quote:
Places other than round planets... less so. I suppose Peter has been to a grand total of two, one space habitat and the divine realm. There are some others... but they're pretty rare.
Hm... Sand dreamland (Tereza), the Starship with the Chimps (Tereza?), Elven homeland (Graham), the pit of with the Dwarves (Graham), the aerial world with the Dutch and the ships (???)... Guess that makes five. A few of the short ones seemed to have been dumped on Riask and abandoned early. Not sure about the broken clock world; suppose it could be not so broken that the world's changed shape. Of course, Julian would probably feel the same way about undersea cities (I believe Jordan went to one) and ocean platforms (i.e. like Freight).
Old 05-02-2023, 01:31 PM   #154
the_matrix_walker

Quote:
Peter is in the area for two more days, keeping to the same routine. They never do back to him about letting him back through the portal. General Thurmond sends him an email the morning of the 6th (local time, 13th back home):

We are still discussing your use in negotiations and espionage. Don't expect anything over the weekend- Gen. Thurmond

The Soldiers seem to have been told to leave his mornings alone for schoolwork, at least for now. Or something. He goes out after lunch each day hunting portals. On the 13th, they don't close them, and don't even approach them: they just want him to count how many he can sense as they drive down the freeway: it seems there's one every four miles or less.

On Friday Evening, he goes to sleep, and dreams.

Peter dreams of the cloning facility with the cat-girl. He dreams of men patrolling, cleaning, and shouting at each other. He dreams of the cat-girl climbing into a box and whispering "almost there", and of men loading the box into an iron shipping container.
So this is the 13th where he was, making it the 20th back home? Making the date at home the 21st when he awakens in the next post?
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2023, 03:01 PM   #155
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
So this is the 13th where he was, making it the 20th back home? Making the date at home the 21st when he awakens in the next post?
No, its the 13th back home, the 6th where he was, and the 14th back home when he wakes up in the mud. Sorry for the confusion

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 05-08-2023, 10:09 AM   #156
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Somehow, both boys are on space stations run by cloners, but Peter is in the jungle dropping people's jaws and Julian is in a city captured by a bunch of criminals.

I'm now imagining The Suit from the dinosaur can and Royal in the same room as each other.

Old 05-08-2023, 01:32 PM   #157
TGLS

Quote:
Somehow, both boys are on space stations run by cloners, but
One group of cloners has way fewer ethical qualms than the other?
Quote:
Peter is in the jungle dropping people's jaws and Julian is in a city captured by a bunch of criminals.
I find your assessment of Julian's situation reinforcing my belief that if Tarbreth took an approach that didn't involve sticking a knife in Julian's face he'd probably wouldn't be caught in a mess by now.

EDIT: And in another apparent parallel, the first thing both Peter and Julian is ask for a towel. Obligatory Hitchhiker's quote here.

Last edited by TGLS; 05-08-2023 at 05:13 PM.
Old 05-19-2023, 08:33 AM   #158
TGLS

Quote:
The nostrils and nose are large. It seems to be inspecting Julian just as much as Julian is inspecting it. It walks slowly closer, until its about 6 yards away.
Oh man, Julian's way off the beaten path now! :P
Old 05-26-2023, 01:37 PM   #159
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

I'd worried about if this civil war setup had legs... glad to see that it apparently does.

Old 05-28-2023, 09:01 AM   #160
TGLS

Quote:
I'd worried about if this civil war setup had legs... glad to see that it apparently does.
I find it interesting the way it collides with Julian's background; trust vs. distrust of institutionalizing children, personal liberty vs. abandonment, the motivation for cloning being primarily economic against his experience being exploited, his self loathing playing into it too... Takes a situation that was already messy and shakes it up a bit more.

Tags
ericthered, friendpmcii, lost in dreams