Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 04-26-2019, 08:35 AM   #131
prospero

Default Re: Dungeon Fantasy Monsters 2 and Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game Reprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromm View Post
These are not the same thing at all:
  • This is Pyramid: Dungeon Fantasy Collected. It is a collection of Pyramid, Volume 3 articles written for the GURPS Dungeon Fantasy series. The articles are offered "as is." The only available format is PDF, and it's what we offered as a Kickstarter add-on.

• This is all we've ever said about Pyramid Dungeon Collection. It will be a collection of Pyramid, Volume 1 & 2 articles written prior to the existence of the GURPS Dungeon Fantasy series but suitable for use with it. The articles will be significantly updated. The planned format is print, and it hasn't been associated with any Kickstarter that I know about.
I understand the confusion:
Pyramid: Dungeon Fantasy Collected
Pyramid Dungeon Collection
We probably could have chosen better titles. But they're not the same beast at all.
Right. That's all clear. The problem is that the Backerkit survey for the DFRPG Monsters 2 book contains an entry for a Pyramid: The Dungeon Fantasy Collection ($15) in addition to an entry for Pyramid: Dungeon Fantasy Collected ($16).

Last edited by prospero; 04-26-2019 at 08:48 AM.
prospero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 08:42 AM   #132
prospero

Default Re: Dungeon Fantasy Monsters 2 and Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game Reprint

Pyramid: Dungeon Fantasy Collected is something like Extracts from Pyramid's Third Age, right?
The forthcoming Pyramid Dungeon Collection is something like Long-Lost Lore of Pyramid's First and Second Ages.

Last edited by prospero; 04-26-2019 at 09:05 AM.
prospero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 01:37 PM   #133
Refplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospero View Post
Pyramid: Dungeon Fantasy Collected is something like Extracts from Pyramid's Third Age, right?
The forthcoming Pyramid Dungeon Collection is something like Long-Lost Lore of Pyramid's First and Second Ages.
Thats my understanding, though the Collection is also an update not just extracts. So it has material no longer available and new material, wheras the Collected you could get by buying individual Pyramids.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 05:36 PM   #134
lachimba

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
I'm looking at the survey. What is the difference, if any, between Pyramid: The Dungeon Fantasy Collection $15 and Pyramid: Dungeon Fantasy Collected $16?
good question
lachimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 08:28 AM   #135
Pragmatic
Ceci n'est pas une tag.

Fyi, the digital only level (no physical add ons) has access to category 4 (accessories, the bases for Cardboard Heroes).

Edit: Now that I'm not typing on a phone with a cat on one arm...

When I went through the survey, I found that category 04 (Accessories; the plastic bases used to prop up Cardboard Heroes) was a possible add-on, even when you signed up for the $10 "PDF-only" backer level.

I think the survey should be adjusted to remove these from the PDF-only backer levels, since I'm guessing there's no provision for S&H for those add-ons?

Last edited by Pragmatic; 04-28-2019 at 09:34 AM.
Pragmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 10:07 AM   #136
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmatic View Post
Fyi, the digital only level (no physical add ons) has access to category 4 (accessories, the bases for Cardboard Heroes).
Thanks for the assist. Handled.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 04:21 PM   #137
dbm

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
I'm looking at the survey. What is the difference, if any, between Pyramid: The Dungeon Fantasy Collection $15 and Pyramid: Dungeon Fantasy Collected $16?
Chalk me up as another person confused by this...
dbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 05:08 PM   #138
Refplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbm View Post
Chalk me up as another person confused by this...
Is different sets of Pyramids.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 03:16 AM   #139
dbm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
Is different sets of Pyramids.
Do we know which is which? I backed the original DF Kickstarter so have a whole bunch of Pyramid materials.

The $15 compilation is described as:

This compilation collects Pyramid articles of particular interest to Dungeon Fantasy gamers, which have appeared outside of the Dungeon Fantasy- and Alternate Dungeons-themed issues (below). It includes over 20 articles taken from issues 10, 13, 19, 25, 38, 43, 47, 48, 56, 58, 61, 64, 68, 70, 75, 77, 78, 80, and 82. This is a direct compilation, without updates or changes.

The $16 compilation is described as:

A compilation of 20+ articles of interest to Dungeon Fantasy gamers which have appeared outside of the Dungeon Fantasy- and Alternate Dungeons-themed issues.

The $15 description is pretty clear, so I can figure that one out. The $16 description is vague so much harder to work out the value.

Anyone for SJG care to clarify what the $16 item covers? ETA: it looks like the $16 item was made available in the original DFRPG Kickstarter:

2, 10, 13, 19, 38x2, 43, 47x2, 48, 56, 58, 61, 64, 68x2, 70x2, 75x2, 77, 78, 80x2, 82x4

Last edited by dbm; 04-29-2019 at 03:31 AM.
dbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 06:58 AM   #140
Rasputin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbm View Post
The $16 compilation is described as:

A compilation of 20+ articles of interest to Dungeon Fantasy gamers which have appeared outside of the Dungeon Fantasy- and Alternate Dungeons-themed issues.

The $15 description is pretty clear, so I can figure that one out. The $16 description is vague so much harder to work out the value.

Anyone for SJG care to clarify what the $16 item covers? ETA: it looks like the $16 item was made available in the original DFRPG Kickstarter:

2, 10, 13, 19, 38x2, 43, 47x2, 48, 56, 58, 61, 64, 68x2, 70x2, 75x2, 77, 78, 80x2, 82x4
It covers none of these issues. Nix. Nihil. Nada. Zip. They’re all Pyramid volume 3 issues. It covers articles written in issues of Pyramid volume 2.

My GURPS blog.
Rasputin is offline   Reply With Quote