Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2022, 09:03 AM   #1201
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

Telrith moves towards the fourth melee hobgoblin, ready to defend (all out defense(double))
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 05:19 PM   #1202
PumpkinLorica
 
PumpkinLorica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

Gathika advances and continues in defensive mode ᕦ(_ˇ)ᕤ
__________________
/ᐠ. 。.ᐟ\ᵐᵉᵒʷˎˊ˗
PumpkinLorica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 10:25 PM   #1203
ajardoor
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

(OC: The elementals act now, then it's the next turn.)
__________________
My blog: http://tabletoprpg333.home.blog
ajardoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 09:08 AM   #1204
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

Mudlin keeps pace with Telrith. Jade and Ruby all out defend (dodge). Sullyfur swings his oversized fist at his foe. The foe fails to parry, and takes 1 damage after DR.*

Mudlin keeps pace with Telrith, moving beside him

*I initially rolled 2d6+2... it should have been 1d6. both rolls were 2 though, so I'm using 2... which is unfortunate, because high hobgoblin DR.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 11:46 PM   #1205
ajardoor
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

The hobgoblin seems quite annoyed at the elemental's contact.

TURN 3

The shadow elf hireling stays on her toes, but she can't see an opening!

The four hobgoblins see the opposition going on the defense and try to bust through the elementals.
One continues to reload his bow, the rest attack an elemental each with falchions.
(OC: all 3 attacks potentially hit for 7 damage before DR and cutting modifier. Elementals should roll their active defenses, I believe they all took All-Out Defense?)

(OC: Bain, your turn.)
__________________
My blog: http://tabletoprpg333.home.blog
ajardoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 10:09 AM   #1206
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajardoor View Post
(OC: all 3 attacks potentially hit for 7 damage before DR and cutting modifier. Elementals should roll their active defenses, I believe they all took All-Out Defense?)
Sullyfur didn't take all out defense, but he has 7 DR. Jade and Ruby each took all out defense. They retreat, and both dodge the blows. Sullyfur fails his dodge, but the blow doesn't to more than scratch his stony surface.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 02:22 PM   #1207
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

Bain takes a step, reducing the distance to 10 yards. He readies his attack and goes for the two hobgoblin archers, both arrows striking true...

Attack 1 successful:
Shooting DWA 10 (SL, acc, range, quick-shooting, vitals: 15, 3, -4- 1-3.)
Hide: 3D6 → 10(1 +4 +5)

Damage: 2d6+4 (2) IMP*3
(6+5+4) (1 DR) = 14
Injury: 14*3 IMP = 42 HP.

Attack 2 successful:
Fast-draw and ready successful.
Shooting DWA 10 (SL, acc, range, quick-shooting, vitals: 15, 3, -4- 1-3.)
Hide: 3D6 → 10(1 +3 +6)

Damage: 2d6+4 (2) IMP*3
(1+2+4) (1 DR) = 6
Injury: 6*3 IMP = 18.

Both hobgoblins archers are out, Bain observes the battle, attentive to his friends.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 02:26 PM   #1208
vicious Violence
 
vicious Violence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: in your heart
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

Vic attacks the nearest hobglobin, using heroic charge attacking vitals (success, rolled 8, 13 to succeed), the hoblogin fails defenses rolled 14, dealing 9 HP in damage after DR.
vicious Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 07:27 AM   #1209
ajardoor
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

(OC: IIRC, one of the archers was already dealt with, but Bain still whacks two of them either way.)

The arrows find their mark in the heart, and the hobs both get dropped like a sack of dirt.

Bain, meanwhile, stabs another in the heart. The target falls over, writhing in agony, before the hob passes out.

(OC: It is now the turn of Gathika, Telrith and Kinclad all at once.)

Only 1 Hobgoblin remains in the fight...
__________________
My blog: http://tabletoprpg333.home.blog
ajardoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 11:47 AM   #1210
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

Telrith watches the hobgoblins on the ground to see if they are going to get back up.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dfrpg, dungeon fantasy, magic, martial arts, riddle of steel, sharpshooter, sierra hotel adventurers, spells, swordlogic

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.