Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 08-22-2013, 04:36 PM   #1
Nereidalbel

Default Modeling The Ginosaji

Aside from near-instantaneous regeneration and Unkillable, how would one model the Ginosaji from The Horribly Slow Murderer With the Incredibly Inefficient Weapon?

Reference
Nereidalbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 04:54 PM   #2
Brass Bricks

Default Re: Modeling The Ginosaji

Weapon Master: Spoons

Some ability to always find his victim, possibly some Stealth related advantages.

It is possible that the Ginosaji is actually Insubstantial, as I don't remember anyone besides the victim ever reacting to his presence.

Andrew Benton

https://sites.google.com/site/csbbonline/
Brass Bricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 04:55 PM   #3
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Obession (Beat Jack Cucchiaio with a teaspoon)
Vow (Use no weapons other than a teaspoon)
Weapon Master (Teaspoons)
Supernatural Feature (Pallor)
Warp (Ghostly Movement, Reliable)
Detect (Jack Cucchiaio , Long Range)
Move -2
Distinctive Feature (Weird Looping run)
Invisibility (Not to Jack Cucchiaio )
EDIT:
Throwing (Spoon)
Serendipity (Cursing, Only to Jack Cucchiaio)

Alternately:
Delusion (I am being beaten by the Ginosaji)
Compulsion (Self Inflicting Spoon Wounds)

Last edited by sir_pudding; 08-22-2013 at 05:05 PM.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:45 PM   #4
Nereidalbel

I like that setup. Gotta see the actual movie for a final build, though.
Old 08-23-2013, 04:33 AM   #5
LoneWolf23k

Definitely requires a whole lot of DR, since it took an RPG to the face and didn't even get a scratch.
LoneWolf23k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 05:07 AM   #6
Nereidalbel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf23k View Post
Definitely requires a whole lot of DR, since it took an RPG to the face and didn't even get a scratch.
Or just Unkillable with the No Visible Damage perk.
Old 08-23-2013, 05:46 AM   #7
Mailanka

An unkillable plot device that's constantly harrassing the PC, dealing at most 1 damage per day. The average person will heal that damage 50% of the time, which means after roughly 40 days, it'll force a survival check, which the average person will pass 50% of the time, and then after another 20 days, it'll force another survival check and so on. So, on average, it'll kill it's prey in about 60 days. That's probably a little too fast for what's depicted, but I can't see any other way to model it without greater granularity to the system.
Old 08-23-2013, 06:36 AM   #8
DangerousThing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailanka View Post
An unkillable plot device that's constantly harrassing the PC, dealing at most 1 damage per day. The average person will heal that damage 50% of the time, which means after roughly 40 days, it'll force a survival check, which the average person will pass 50% of the time, and then after another 20 days, it'll force another survival check and so on. So, on average, it'll kill it's prey in about 60 days. That's probably a little too fast for what's depicted, but I can't see any other way to model it without greater granularity to the system.
Perhaps it deals 1d-5 (minimum 0) points per day; no that's probably too little, maybe 1d-4 min 0. Or perhaps it is better modeled as an affliction that does pain and once per day the victim rolls to see if he takes a point of damage.

And doesn't healing take at least some minimum rest? It doesn't look as if Jack is getting much rest except when he was unconscious in the hospital.

And he didn't look as if he was healing much.
DangerousThing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 07:12 AM   #9
Mailanka

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerousThing View Post
Perhaps it deals 1d-5 (minimum 0) points per day; no that's probably too little, maybe 1d-4 min 0. Or perhaps it is better modeled as an affliction that does pain and once per day the victim rolls to see if he takes a point of damage.

And doesn't healing take at least some minimum rest? It doesn't look as if Jack is getting much rest except when he was unconscious in the hospital.

And he didn't look as if he was healing much.
No, I like 1d-5(∞) per day. That means it takes an average of 6 days to do one point of damage, which you can't heal if you rest (though the lack of sleep might kill him eventually too, not sure), which means it'll take an average of 180 days to kill someone. That seems an appropriately ridiculous amount of time to kill someone by beating them to death with a spoon.

Incidentally, the Curse of the Ginosaji would be a lovely one for a GURPS Dungeon Fantasy game
Old 08-23-2013, 07:12 AM   #10
Nereidalbel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailanka View Post
The thing is, the Ginosaji won't let you die. And aside from the bruising and the occasional lost tooth, it actually causes no loss of hit points (otherwise, Jack would be dead a hundred times over).

Tags
ghostly movement