Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 07-17-2018, 08:57 PM   #11
Christopher R. Rice

Default Re: Mimicing DC's Voodoo Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lameth View Post
lol, no Chris please do not stop! Honestly I was going to ask for help with them anyway here haha. How should their template be written up?
Well, that being the case. I'd use the information from the DC Database as something to go on . . .

Quote:
Accelerated Healing: If a Daemonite is ever harmed it can heal indefinitely while it's brain still survives. Daemonites have been seen losing their limbs, internal organs and portions of their brains while still surviving. It also seems that Daemonites heal more quickly while resting within a host body.
Quote:
Superhuman Durability: A Daemonite's body is more durable than that of a human while on Earth. While some Daemonites cannot survive a bullet to the head which removes their brain functions others can take multiple bullets to their body without harm. Physical training can increase a Daemonite's durability.
Regeneration, Regrowth, and Supernatural Durability (destruction of the brain) seem appropriate.

Quote:
Chronokinesis Most Daemonites possess a degree of time manipulation however the exact limits of this ability are unknown.
I don't recall seeing this in the comics I've read so I can't tell you exactly what it should be.

Quote:
Claws: Daemonites have long, dangerous claws on each hand and foot which they use within combat and to help break the mental barrier of their host bodies. They can also expose these claws while within their host body to allow for stronger attacks.
The Sharp Claws advantage fit; the rest is fluff.

Quote:
Fangs: Daemonites have long, dangerous fangs in their mouths which they use to rend and tear at targets. Their fangs can help them breach the mental barriers of their hosts. Some Daemonites use long tendrils instead of fangs for the same effects.
Sharp Teeth; ditto.

Quote:
Immortality: Daemonites have survived for countless years within and without a host body. It is assumed by scientists and enemies of the Daemonites that they are immortal; however, this may only be the case in mental form. As such Daemonites can in fact live forever if only while within a host body. Without a body it can still survive at least a million years.
Unaging.

Quote:
Metamorphosis: Only the strongest of Daemonites can shape-shift. Only the strongest of those Daemonites can change into inorganic material. A Daemonite can shape-shift even while possessing a host body but they'll normally revert quite quickly. Only one Daemonite has been seen shifting his body parts into inorganic material but the possibility remains for all Daemonites.
This is Morph with maybe Unliimited.

Quote:
Phasing: Daemonites have a degree of intangibility allowing them to phase through solid objects as they do when they take possession of a host body. They can continue to phase even while within their host body. Their phasing isn't automatic and they must concentrate to hold their form.
For most Daemonites I'd just say this is Permeation (Flesh), for some it's Permeation Everything with Requires Concentrate and maybe Maximum Duration.

Quote:
Possession: Daemonites are parasitic beings that not only take complete control over another being's body but inhabits their mind as well. They feed on the nutrients and physiology of the host body until the body is destroyed or the Daemonite abandons it. Normally, possession causes no harm to the physical body but the process changes frequently. The stronger the Daemonite the easier the transition. Occasionally, the Daemonite can leave the host body violently and destroy the body.
Possession + Parasitic.

Quote:
Superhuman Speed: A Daemonite's body is faster than that of a human while on Earth. Either while within a human host or not they exhibit incredible amounts of speed which can carry them to speeds that match that of most street cars while their physical capabilities of speed while in combat also increase past human levels.
This also confers:
Superhuman Agility
Superhuman Reflexes
I'd give them at least +2 to DX, +1 to Basic Speed, Enhanced Dodge, and Combat Reflexes. Probably double that.

Quote:
Superhuman Strength: A Daemonite's body is stronger than that of a human while on Earth. When a Daemonite must they will resort to physical combat and exhibit their strength enough to roll over cars or rip off a door to a plane. A Daemonite's strength is determined by their physical capability and some Daemonites may not be as strong as others.
You'd need to pull a plane door hatch inward to rip it off and that's about 6 psi (or about a 1,000 lbs.). Assuming something like BL x 8 lift to do it, that means you need a BL of 125 or a ST of 25. So ST+15 is about right.

Quote:
Telepathy: Daemonites are not only physical beings that take possession of host bodies but they manipulate the mental effects of the beings as well. Not limited to only understanding the thoughts of each other or their hosts they can extend this ability to a wide range and even track targets by their mental signature. Most Daemonites are connected by a central mind which they do not need to focus to maintain.
Telesend + Detect Known Minds + Mindlink at some level. Possibly even Mind Reading or Mind Probe.

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 11:52 AM   #12
Lameth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher R. Rice View Post
Well, that being the case. I'd use the information from the DC Database as something to go on . . .
you rock Chris, thank you.
Lameth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 03:17 PM   #13
Christopher R. Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lameth View Post
you rock Chris, thank you.
Sure. The old WildStorm imprint was one of my favorite comics of all time.

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 10:42 PM   #14
Lameth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher R. Rice View Post
Sure. The old WildStorm imprint was one of my favorite comics of all time.
Mine is planetary, hands down
Lameth is offline   Reply With Quote