Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-11-2018, 06:12 AM   #17
Gnaskar

Default Re: GURPS WW2 Air Combat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivenshield View Post
1) Re: aerial engines. How do I determine the cost for these? The instructions tell me to multiply the cost by x5, but doing so makes -- for example -- the Zero's engine cost more than the listed price for the Zero. Do I multiply a turbocharged gas engine by x5 *instead* of x2? Or do I just shrug and accept that Imperial Japan could build things more cheaply than my fictional military-industrial complex can?
Not sure where you're getting that x2 from, nor why you think the engine costs more than the the completed vehicle. Unless... are you using the 2$/lbs High Performance Turbocharged Gas engine as a base? The Zero is using a regular (turbo/super-charged) gasoline engine.

Before the aerial modifier, the engine weighs 3,206lbs and costs $1,282.40. With the modifier, the cost is $6,412 and the weight is 1,282.4lbs. Half the total cost and a fourth of the total weight of the vehicle.
Gnaskar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aerial combat, dogfight, gurps wwii