Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 07-26-2015, 07:53 AM   #1
GWJ

Default Last Gasp FP recovery - lack of sleep, starving, and dehydration.

How about recovering FP lost from one of this condition?

Someone who reached Deep Fatigue treshold. For example human ST 10 and 10 FP, who wasn't sleep last 4 nights. Lost 12 FP, so he's at level -2 FP.

Original rules: sleeping 8h (1 FP recovered) and extra 11h (rcovery 1 FP per extra hour of sleep).

How this will be with Last Gasp rules? He need normally 74h (2x12=24h from Deep Fatigue + 40h from Severe Fatigue + 10h to recover fully) of rest to recovery from level -2 FP. But how tracking this? Counting only sleeped hours? I don't think so... Original rules maybe?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And starvation. Deep bottom of Deep Fatigue. -1xFP. For ordinary human this is -10 FP, because of lost 20 FP (1 week of complete starvation WITHOUT dehydration = 21 FP lost, but limit is -1xFP. I don't mention this is also first occasion to death from starvation - too fast, I'd say).

Original rules: 7 days of eating and resting and you can forget about this.

Last Gasp: 10 days of eating and resting, and you will be at merely 0 FP...

Does Last Gasp was make with assumption like "there are rules only for FP lost because of effort - starvation, dehydration, missed sleep, and FP lost from other sources than activation FP-eating abilities or physical effort, should absolutely using basic rules"?
GWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 06:48 PM   #2
GWJ

Default Re: Last Gasp FP recovery - lack of sleep, starving, and dehydration.

Really, noone knows? :(
GWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 07:30 PM   #3
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Default Re: Last Gasp FP recovery - lack of sleep, starving, and dehydration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWJ View Post
Does Last Gasp was make with assumption like "there are rules only for FP lost because of effort - starvation, dehydration, missed sleep, and FP lost from other sources than activation FP-eating abilities or physical effort, should absolutely using basic rules"?
Sorry, pretty much this. One can't just replace that sort of thing willy nilly, or else great silliness might result.
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fatigue points, last gasp, painful recovery, sleep, starvation