Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 09-15-2012, 09:14 AM   #1
Whitelaughter

Default Shedim of the Media - stars in their own right

Shedim are always a problem, but one interesting thought occured to me: consider a Shedite who also has the Lilim of The Media attunement. They have a Role - that is not attached to a body.
How?

Well, The Media is the one place this is possible, because certain character roles are played by multiple actors - not just the big roles such as James Bond and Doctor Who, but also minor roles, especially in voice acting. So the real 'owner' of a character role isn't the company or actor, but the Shedite who possesses it, changing actors the way the actors change clothes.

So if you are playing a Shedite of The Media, consider creating a personality that you portray (and remember that using the character's name instead of your own will make it easier to win Will-Wars!)
The character should be broad enough for the occasional guest appearance in other shows, and acceptable enough that you can have your own spin-off series should you be Knighted. How famous you are is determined by your Corporeal Forces - make sure that the character can work at every level from bit-part through to world famous!

And of course, as a 'reward' fans can be 'coached' in the art of being your character - just possess them and start filming. The resulting youtube videos can only help your career.
Whitelaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:09 AM   #2
Lord Carnifex

Default Re: Shedim of the Media - stars in their own right

Hah!

That could be extended to all the cookie-cutter starlets that all look the same to me. The reason they're mostly interchangeable is because they're mostly interchangeable.

"To an Irishman, a serious matter is a joke, and a joke is a serious matter."
Lord Carnifex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 11:22 AM   #3
johndallman
Night Watchman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Carnifex View Post
The reason they're mostly interchangeable is because they're mostly interchangeable.
I can imagine an acting coach who tells his pupils to "open up, and let the spirit of the role possess you" thus waiving their chance to resist possession.
johndallman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:59 PM   #4
Jason

Er, if that attunement isn't already listed as "partially restricted" or something along those lines, it probably ought to be for this very reason. I doubt I'd let a Shedite player take it.

... But if I were to allow it, I'd have to insist that the PC figure out some clever way to make it work, like:
  • Liberal use of Songs like Celestial Form, Ethereal Light, and Possession;
  • a specially-designed construct that they can possess like a vessel;
  • they're actually undercover for the Game and so have that Shedite attunement;
  • they switch between two hosts who are identical twins...

... or something along those lines.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 12:10 PM   #5
robkelk
Untitled

Or it could just be yet another case of The Other Darrin.

All those hairless apes look alike anyway, right?
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.
robkelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 02:37 PM   #6
Jason

I guess there are internet celebrities, too. I could see a Shedite with a Role that's little more than a well-known handle...
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 06:30 AM   #7
Edman

Or just a star whose face we never see, like the Finnish band Lordi, only more famous?

- Baron von Münchausen
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nybbas, shedim