Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 08-30-2012, 08:03 AM   #1
seriously

Default "Help me out here" and leveling question

Last night I was playing Munchkin with my girlfriend, I used Help me out here on her 2h weapon, to give myself +4.

Help me out here says I can borrow the item if it helps me win my current combat.

Then she buffs the monster +5, and I use the card that gives 3x the effect to a non-usable item and after I roll a dice, anything but a 6 I would have to sacrifice the item.

So the question is:
Can I use the one-shot item to triple the value of her item since its borrowed, afterward if I don't roll a 6 and need to sacrifice it, does it mean I just got rid of her 2h weapon?

2nd question

When a player adds a monster with Wandering Monster and I manage to defeat both, I get both monster's treasure, but since I defeated 2 monsters do I get 1 level or 2?

Thank you!
seriously is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:26 AM   #2
Baradrae

Default Re: "Help me out here" and leveling question

Answer the First: Since you are using the Item, even if it is borrowed, it is by definition NOT a non-usable Item.

Answer the Second: You gain levels for every monster you defeat.
Baradrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:58 AM   #3
seriously

so the answer to question 1 is I can triple the value of her equipment which is a non-usable item and then after roll a dice if I don't get a 6 it is gone?

So basically killing 2 birds with one stone, using her weapon to aid me in the fight, then after roll a dice to get rid of her equipment.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:34 AM   #4
DoomedDuck

Help me Out Here! allows you to steal the item, not borrow. You don't return it when the combat is over. Semi-Final Strike (I believe that's the card you're referring to) is usable on any non-usable once-only items, aka an item that gives a permanent bonus. After the fight is over with, you roll the die. On a 6, you keep the item, otherwise you discard it.
DoomedDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:41 AM   #5
Vincentheartthrob

Quote:
Originally Posted by seriously View Post
2nd question

When a player adds a monster with Wandering Monster and I manage to defeat both, I get both monster's treasure, but since I defeated 2 monsters do I get 1 level or 2?

Thank you!
You gain the levels and treasures for all monsters killed in the combat.
Vincentheartthrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:50 AM   #6
seriously

thank you, I love you guys here on the forums, quick and easy to understand explanations.

I will return this favor to a new player when I become a more knowledgeable player.

thanks again!