Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-04-2019, 05:20 PM   #11
evileeyore
Banned

Default Re: Dungeon Fantasy Monsters 2 and Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game Reprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasCole View Post
So, for what it's worth: I don't feel that the two campaigns compete, though of course the products are running at the same time.
Which is what I meant by 'competing', finishing within days of one another, when Nordlond has already been running for weeks means this end date was chosen for reasons that seem short-sighted to me.

Quote:
...I would point out that my own campaign started on Feb 19 and ran for five weekends very deliberately to give either two or three biweekly paychecks between them.
Which I personally appreciated. It meant less scrambling on my end to support Nordlond (which I honestly don't want to use personally, but do want to see succeed*).

Having to worry about not being able to fund both means I may have to pull out of backing DFRPG Monsters 2 at the last minute if I can't scrape aside enough for it. Which will suck, as it's the one I want.

* I supported HoJ solely to get the DFed Technical Grappling. If Nordlond had something similar, like randomized towns, I'd be backing it for that... instead of 'just to see it succeed'. Sorry... I'm just not a "Rings Saga" kinda gamer... and if I were, well... I'm also well-versed enough to build it myself (the eternal problem for GURPS settings, those that want to run GURPS usually prefer building their own).

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
This assumes that _only_ those who already own the Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game box set will be interested in the line.
Have you ignored the number of us in this forum (yes, yes, I know a small subset of a small subset) who have been active in backing both the original run of DFRPG and HoJ?

I mean, I can't be the only one? (Though I might be the only one that runs a tight limit on how much I spend on rpgs.)

Quote:
The only way the Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game grows is by attracting those who do not yet own the game. And to do that, they need access to the box set at a reasonable price (and not after-market prices).
How does a short KS runtime support drawing them in? Am I just not understanding it?

And is there anyway to get the GM's Screen (printed, not pdf) in on this? It's really the only thing I care about and it's been Out Of Stock for awhile now...

Last edited by evileeyore; 03-04-2019 at 05:25 PM.
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote