Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Old 11-20-2012, 08:12 AM   #21
woodchuck

Default Re: Another 2000 Things I Am No Longer Allowed To Do In An RPG

35. Just because my actions do not violate the laws of war doesn't mean I should do them.

36. Booze, Babes, and Bar fight aren't vital military objectives critical to unit moral and cohesion. Or at least that's what the GM said.

37. A flash bang grande, a smoke grenade, and bayonet are not standard bar hopping gear.
woodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:58 PM   #22
Ed the Coastie

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodchuck
37. A flash bang grande, a smoke grenade, and bayonet are not standard bar hopping gear.
They're not? Since when? *thinks back fondly to his days as a Very Young Coastie...*
Old 11-20-2012, 08:13 PM   #23
samd6

38. Despite RAW, a pistol should not be able to mount an underbarrel rocket launcher

39. As a GM, I should stop pointing out rules exploits that favor the players, if the players didn't know them.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:57 PM   #24
Phantasm

40. I am not to invoke Cutscene Incompetence when I fast-forward the clock a day, and ASSume my PCs - two who are trained Jedi, one with Knowledge: Tactics trained, one with an Int score of 20, and one who is a hyper-competent droid - do not search the space station they just defended to make sure my badass unkillable NPC who they just trounced and captured (using a By Your Powers Combined scenario when I had him escaping) had left a present designed to blow it up (particularly when, given the time-frame, there was no time to do so between when he started the assault and when he was captured).

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:26 AM   #25
woodchuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed the Coastie View Post
They're not? Since when? *thinks back fondly to his days as a Very Young Coastie...*
The GM had no sense of fun either that or he knew us too well. I blame the fact he flunked out of AIT and was then kicked out during brief time in the Army.
woodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:08 AM   #26
digoraccoon

41. When given the choice between- 1) Killing a werewolf that's bothering an insignificant village, 2) Finding a magic item to disable the death spell trap at the top of an ancient ruined castle, or 3) Locating the crashed remains of an alien ship that is being sought after by a magic-wielding cult, I will not assume that this choice is rail-roading the party into killing a werewolf that's bothering an insignificant village.

The more I give my players freedom to choose the plotline, the more they feel like I'm constricting them. :)

The Arbiters Conspiracy comics at its Fnordest.
digoraccoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:25 AM   #27
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert
(If you have to ask . . .)

42. No longer allowed to start a rousing group chant of "Eighteen! Eighteen! Eighteen!" aimed at the player who is about to make a vital roll.

43. Not allowed to celebrate when the eighteen is actually rolled.
Mark Skarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:01 AM   #28
Anders

44. I'm not allowed to take advantage of my GM's ignorance of history and suggest he name his American NPC Benedict Arnold.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:24 AM   #29
digoraccoon

45. When the DM becomes a PC for someone else's campaign, you are not allowed to play "Guess which My Little Pony" character his PC is based off the sole reasoning that he watches that cartoon show.

46. Just because your "Guess which My Little Pony" character game actually worked once, it is not vindication that it will work again. Ever.

47. When you are the deciding factor between starting up a GURPS Supers or a Shadowrun adventure, you are not allowed to vote on your favorite and then miss All 10 Sessions of the adventure.

The Arbiters Conspiracy comics at its Fnordest.
digoraccoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:55 PM   #30
Disliker of the mary sue

48. If my character is meant to be a close range striker, I am not aloud to just pick up random rocks and throw them at enemies.

49. If I keep breaking rule 48, eventually their will be no more rocks for the rest of the campaign.

50. Just because I work for the goddess of death does not obligate me to kill random people to fulfill quota.

51. I can't bypass the entirety of the campaign storyline by suggesting we kill the quest giver and take all the money on her person. Even if I could justify that as a neutral act, the rest of the part are normal good at best and would be obligated to kill me.
Disliker of the mary sue is offline   Reply With Quote