Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 02-11-2006, 01:06 PM   #1
Dorian411

Default In Nomine / Gurps In Nomine

I've been looking for a new game to run for my club at school and was interested in In Nomine. I've been playing gurps for awile now and while looking around for the appropriate book i came across two books. "Gurps: In Nomine" and simply "In Nomine" both produced by Steve Jackson Games. "In Nomine" being hard cover i'm guessing is a completely seperate system where as "GURPS: In Nomine" seems to be a suppliment. For a good In Nomine game should i go out and buy "In Nomine"? Or use the suppliment "GURPS: In Nomine" that i already ordered? (Has Yet to arrive) If i'm going to use the other books like the In Nomine Game Masters guide and Angelic players guide should i just go with "In Nomine". I'm just confused by the two books released by the same company, any advice wold be hot.

Thanks
Dorian411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 03:13 PM   #2
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

Default Re: In Nomine / Gurps In Nomine

In Nomine is the original system, yes. GURPS In Nomine is the GURPS conversion; you will need at least GURPS Lite (3rd edition) and a certain dose of logic to puzzle out some of the other stuff to use it.

EDIT: If you have the 3rd Edition Basic Set and Compendium I, I think that'll reduce the puzzling! (The puzzling is if you have nothing but GURPS Lite. O:> )

The Game Master's Guide is going to be useful to you either way. The Angelic Player's Guide will probably have a fair amount of use as well -- the goal of making GURPS IN was to make it as easy as we could to convert IN to GURPS, including material we couldn't shoehorn into GURPS IN. (And I do mean shoehorn; GIN is longer than IN!)

Gotta run to dinner now. Hope that helps.

Last edited by Archangel Beth; 02-11-2006 at 04:37 PM.
Archangel Beth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 03:46 PM   #3
zorg
Experimental Subject

The Angelic/Infernal players guides are very useful, even if you ignore the rules completely. They help you understand how the angels/demons think.
Old 02-12-2006, 08:45 AM   #4
RadLilim

The major difference is the mechanics. If you've played GURPS before and are familiar with the rules, then that would be the best place to start. If you have to learn both systems, the In Nomine has the easier machanics and rules, IMO. They have the same story, just different ways of playing it.

Wanna buy one? - Radueriel, Free Lilim
RadLilim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gurps in nomine