Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Car Wars

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2018, 02:31 PM   #261
TurboCooler

Default Re: Cars Wars 6E - What We Know - 1st Post will be updated over time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
Far from it. We've been working on it steadily again for the past few months and have even had some public playtests in and around Austin. If you've been following us on Twitter, you've seen posts like this one talking about our in-house playtesting. (Components are not final; in particular, those cars are placeholders for the plastic pieces we plan to include in the finished game.)
Thank you Andrew for replying. Just curious if the game will be on KS or go direct to retail. Also, I believe, there was a previous plan for Graphic Novel or book to introduce the new world followed by the 6e KS. Wondering if this is still in the plan or if plans have changed.

My last question may be out in left field but I thought I would ask anyway. A simply no or no idea is fine.

Will the plastic pieces be modular in that you can swap weapons (using magnets) or will they be one piece. Also, will the planned plastic cars be pre painted or just standard miniature grey plastic that gamers can paint as they please?

Thanks.
Old 06-02-2018, 02:37 PM   #262
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

You're asking questions outside my scope, so I'm going to defer to others rather than risk giving you bad intel. I know CW is being worked on, but I'm not the one working on it.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Old 06-03-2018, 06:46 AM   #263
JimTullis

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboCooler View Post
Will the plastic pieces be modular in that you can swap weapons (using magnets) or will they be one piece. Also, will the planned plastic cars be pre painted or just standard miniature grey plastic that gamers can paint as they please?
I would love to see pre-painted miniatures similar to what X-Wing uses, but I doubt that will happen.

I believe it has been implied that the miniatures will be of the same grade as the plastic Ogre miniatures.
The Ogre miniatures come in plastics of a variety of colors and hopefully the Car Wars miniatures will come in faction colors to make out of the box play easier.

I doubt that they will make the weapons magnetic, even the big miniatures companies rarely do that. But magnetizing parts yourself is usually not too difficult.

I hope they have pre-built car bodies and a variety of weapons on a sprue. That way, we can play straight from the box, and mod stuff over time. I'm not a fan of having to construct everything before you can even get any games in.
Old 06-03-2018, 07:51 AM   #264
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboCooler View Post
Not modular. Not pre-painted. HO scale.
Old 06-03-2018, 07:52 AM   #265
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimTullis View Post
. . . hopefully the Car Wars miniatures will come in faction colors to make out of the box play easier.
The vehicles will be gray plastic. The bases will be in different colors.
Old 06-03-2018, 12:26 PM   #266
Chernobyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColBosch View Post
They're rebar-reinforced solid concrete ; I'd say (at least for game purposes) a Jersey Barrier would have effectively unlimited DP. Sure, you could sit there for an hour blasting away and reduce it to rocks and twisted steel, but that's outside the scope of normal game play. I figure that hitting it would count as hitting an object the same size as the vehicle for damage purposes, but the barrier will conform to the impact...unless it was semi-permanently mounted, in which case you might as well be smacking into a cliff face.
We call the K-rail out here in california. They are designed with steel loops embedded at each end you can drop a pin through to link several together. for designing them on a map they're about 2x20 in actual size, bu can be manufactured in several lengths.
Old 06-09-2018, 10:07 AM   #267
ColBosch

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimTullis View Post
I doubt that they will make the weapons magnetic, even the big miniatures companies rarely do that.
It's a safety issue. Small magnets can be extremely dangerous to children, especially the tiny rare earth magnets you'd need to use for swappable weapons on HO-scale cars, and toy and game companies typically will not take that risk. Sure, there's legal and safety standard issues involved, but the basic gist is that no toy company wants to risk hurting a kid.
Old 06-10-2018, 02:36 AM   #268
schoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
If you've been following us on Twitter, you've seen posts like this one talking about our in-house playtesting.
Some of these dashboard designs are really creative! Liking what I'm seeing.
Old 06-29-2018, 05:39 PM   #269
kbs666

I just read the front page info post. Assuming that is correct can we get a timeframe for when the kickstarter will be? I'm very busy and I don't check here or even GBG every week. I would hate to miss another KS I care about.
Old 07-16-2018, 09:58 PM   #270
Steve Jackson
President and EIC

Well, it won't be for at least a month and a week, because it's a week till the TFT kickstarter, which will run for a month.
Closed Thread