Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 05-25-2018, 12:09 PM   #1
ULFGARD

Default Mapping software (other world mapper)

I'm looking into getting some mapping software. I have tried campaign cartographer in the past, but it's not super easy to use. I'm interested in other world mapper, as it is not terribly expensive, and the demo looked good. Does anyone have any opinions / recommendations / reviews on other world mapper or mapping software in general?
Old 05-25-2018, 03:45 PM   #2
Culture20

Default Re: Mapping software (other world mapper)

I usually use inkscape with a few templates. It’s probably less easy than the programs you mentioned, but it’s free and open source.
Culture20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 04:09 PM   #3
mjonz

I really like Hex/Worldographer...
http://worldographer.com/

The software is pretty straightforward to use and the developer is very responsive.
Old 05-25-2018, 04:17 PM   #4
Refplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjonz View Post
I really like Hex/Worldographer...
http://worldographer.com/

The software is pretty straightforward to use and the developer is very responsive.
I use that software also. Its not as pretty as Cartographer but it is LOTS easier to use. Does burn through the memory if your making really large maps though.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 05:15 AM   #5
heruca

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULFGARD View Post
I'm looking into getting some mapping software. I have tried campaign cartographer in the past, but it's not super easy to use. I'm interested in other world mapper, as it is not terribly expensive, and the demo looked good. Does anyone have any opinions / recommendations / reviews on other world mapper or mapping software in general?
Have you tried MapForge? It's primarily intended for tactical-scale battlemaps, but will soon also support area/regional maps via hex tile content that will be produced thanks to an already-funded Kickstarter campaign.

MapForge can be used for free if you only need low-resolution output, or you can get a license for a one-time fee. There are scores of content Add-Ons available for it covering various genres, and 11 of those Add-Ons are free.

Battlegrounds: RPG Edition is virtual tabletop software that allows you to play any RPG online or offline. It's very easy to use and feature-rich.
heruca is offline   Reply With Quote