Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 07-26-2015, 12:31 AM   #1
Elgorian

Default Just a few questions from someone starting.

Hey!

So I had a few questions.

1) The rules say you can only carry one BIG item at a time, unless you have cards that state otherwise. Can you have more than one BIG item equipped at a time or are equipped items considered carried as well?

2) With one-shot items: Can they be played on the table or do you have to keep them in your hand? It's most likely more strategic to keep them in your hand but if you're facing a discard are they playable as carried items as well?

Last edited by Elgorian; 07-26-2015 at 12:41 AM.
Elgorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 01:27 AM   #2
griffinsclaw

Default Re: Just a few questions from someone starting.

1) All items on the table are carried, including those you have equipped. So no, Big item limit does apply to them.

2) You can play one shots from your hand, or from the table. The reason people play them to the table is usually to avoid going over hand limit.

As a side note, you said "facing a discard", which makes me think you're discarding cards when you go over hand limit rather than going through the charity phase.
griffinsclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 02:10 AM   #3
Elgorian

Default Re: Just a few questions from someone starting.

Okay cool. Just got this game recently after seeing it online. We let someone equip a big item and carry a big item thinking they were different things. Thanks!

Right, we are doing Charity. I just meant it generally. I'm discarding a card to another player. <_< but I guess in that instance you have a chance of getting something back via trade or something.
Elgorian is offline   Reply With Quote