Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 05-26-2012, 07:47 PM   #1
SonicFan

Default Illusion with Helper in Combat

I searched the forum but could not find this. Sorry if it has already been asked & answered.

I was fighting a monster and needed a helper to win. The monster was buffed beyond our ability to kill it. My helper played Illusion with a monster from his hand. I was now able to beat the monster by myself. Is the helper required to immediately leave combat since I no longer require his help against this new monster?

If the helper must leave, must the pre-combat deal still be honored regarding sharing treasure?
SonicFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 08:30 PM   #2
Jedi907

Default Re: Illusion with Helper in Combat

When the helper joins, they are there for the long haul. There is no backing out. Your combined combat strength determines the outcome, and the treasure is divided accordingly.
Jedi907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 12:53 AM   #3
Clipper

Default Re: Illusion with Helper in Combat

Yeah, the player needs to be losing to ask for help, but he doesn't lose the help and cannot force out the helper if the situation changes.

The only times I'm aware of where a helper can leave combat are with cards that force out the helper (e.g., Potion of Apathy), or for abilities like the Kneepads of Allure when the battle changes to being for the winning level part-way through (many of them can't be used to get the winning level, so a helper loses their forced compulsion and gets a chance to wander away).
Clipper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
helper, illusion, leaving combat, munchkin