Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 02-11-2019, 09:55 AM   #161
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Lost in Dreams (Jane Doe)

When Olive gets down to the "East" medical bay there is no one there. The halls are full of people again.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 04:51 PM   #162
Plane

"Computer, where are the medics?" *begins quietly trying to guide people into line while awaiting a reply*
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 08:39 AM   #163
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The list of people to guide is empty.

The Computer informs you "The staff previously working at this location are off duty after a very long day. There was a medical emergency. It is over, and they are recovering. If you need medical assistance, I can help you."

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 02-12-2019, 03:24 PM   #164
Plane

"I don't..." *goes back to room to study* "Please notify me when they are on-duty again, unless I am sleeping".
Old 02-13-2019, 08:34 AM   #165
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

How long will she study for?

Old 02-18-2019, 12:26 PM   #166
Plane

Just until she gets sleepy, then will go to bed, but wants to be notified when the scientists are off their break.
Old 02-19-2019, 09:48 AM   #167
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

When she requests to be notified, a voice similar to the System Access Unit speaks, but its from the big rig she is in "The East Bay Medical team are not taking a break. They are off. Do you wish me to notify you when they come back to work? The Virtual Team assigned to yesterday's medical climax has also been released for the day. Do you wish to send them a message?"

When its time for bed, a pod door opens in the wall, with the 3 by 3 by 7 compartment filled with a mattress. Olive drifts off to sleep.

She dreams again, and its similar to the last time. The Beagle floats above the planet, and she recognizes them this time. The spaceships still feel wrong. She's not supposed to be here. And the planet is wrong. The continents are in the wrong place. The plants are wrong. The plants are ... stuffy.

Her dream moves to the plants below. Is it the same place? maybe it is. Maybe it isn't. Her mind tries to place the vegetation. Its not from the Levant. Not from the Balkans. Oh, its alien. But it was worth checking. Wait, why does she expect to find date palms on an unexplored alien planet. And why is that annoying stuffy feeling with her.

Her dream shifts back up to the corridors of the station. An older gentleman with skin almost as white as his hair wakes in his pod. He pushes against the wall. Then he starts violently kicking it. The dream shifts, and another man is walking down the corridors. He is wearing a brilliant purple pattern reminiscent of light shadows on a pool, and while his hair is still dark, his skin is deeply wrinkled. He gets into an elevator through a panel in the wall, and descends. when he reaches the bottom of the elevator, he floats up out of it. Suddenly, he panicks, and starts trying to claw the elevator open. The stuffiness she's been feeling all day fills the cramped room.

She wakes, having only been asleep three hours.

Old 02-20-2019, 09:37 AM   #168
Plane

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
When she requests to be notified, a voice similar to the System Access Unit speaks, but its from the big rig she is in "The East Bay Medical team are not taking a break. They are off. Do you wish me to notify you when they come back to work?
"Yes, I am still learning this work schedule. It would be rude to bother them when they are off duty, yes?"

Quote:
The Virtual Team assigned to yesterday's medical climax
LEWD

Quote:
has also been released for the day. Do you wish to send them a message?"
"Only if it is possible to do so non-urgently, I don't want to annoy people by interrupting them, but perhaps a reminder they can see when they come on duty at the usual time. Just to ask -ANY NEW DEVELOPMENTS?~OliveW- as I am concerned about whatever is happening to people here."

Quote:
When its time for bed, a pod door opens in the wall, with the 3 by 3 by 7 compartment filled with a mattress. Olive drifts off to sleep.

She dreams again, and its similar to the last time. The Beagle floats above the planet, and she recognizes them this time. The spaceships still feel wrong. She's not supposed to be here. And the planet is wrong. The continents are in the wrong place. The plants are wrong. The plants are ... stuffy.

Her dream moves to the plants below. Is it the same place? maybe it is. Maybe it isn't. Her mind tries to place the vegetation. Its not from the Levant. Not from the Balkans. Oh, its alien. But it was worth checking. Wait, why does she expect to find date palms on an unexplored alien planet. And why is that annoying stuffy feeling with her.

Her dream shifts back up to the corridors of the station. An older gentleman with skin almost as white as his hair wakes in his pod. He pushes against the wall. Then he starts violently kicking it. The dream shifts, and another man is walking down the corridors. He is wearing a brilliant purple pattern reminiscent of light shadows on a pool, and while his hair is still dark, his skin is deeply wrinkled. He gets into an elevator through a panel in the wall, and descends. when he reaches the bottom of the elevator, he floats up out of it. Suddenly, he panicks, and starts trying to claw the elevator open. The stuffiness she's been feeling all day fills the cramped room.

She wakes, having only been asleep three hours.
In an emotional state, she is superstitious and figures she may as well use the computer to try and allay her fears.

"This may sound like a strange request Miss Heera SAU, but I was wondering if I had access to any non-private surveillance information... would you know if recently during my routes there was an elderly man with dark hair wearing purple? Perhaps who used an elevator? I don't remember seeing it, but I'm wondering if maybe I glimpsed it while doing my rounds and unconsciously filed it away until it made its way into my dream."

(she is thinking if not, then this might be some old memory resurfacing, though she should keep in mind it could be totally random too)
Old 02-21-2019, 12:39 PM   #169
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane View Post
"Yes, I am still learning this work schedule. It would be rude to bother them when they are off duty, yes?"

"It is mildly inappropriate to disturb them during off-duty hours for a non-emergency reason. It is especially inappropriate immediately after an emergency in which they worked extra hours. It results in decreased effectiveness and lowered emotional mechanics."

Quote:
ANY NEW DEVELOPMENTS?

"Your message has been sent"

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
In an emotional state, she is superstitious and figures she may as well use the computer to try and allay her fears.

"You do not have access to any non-private surveilance beyond your own. You do not have any personal recording devices. There are 113 male inhabitants over 50 with dark hair and who own purple clothing programs. Would you like to perform a facial recognition check?"

Old 02-24-2019, 06:57 AM   #170
Plane

"If I have access to view the faces of men who fit that description then I would be interested in seeing if any look familiar, yes."