Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 12-29-2012, 09:44 PM   #1
Diseptikon

Default Traders trading ability Q's - Star Munchkin

So is it correct in assuming that a trader can repeatedly use their trading ability to take the top card immediately after use thus keeping powerful cards in their hand? If a player were so inclined, could they discard an item to bury said powerful card so that it effectively blocks the trader? If yes, can this only be during their turn?

If there are two traders during a game who gets priority in trying to utilized their trading ability? Would this simply be done by a roll-off?
Diseptikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:16 PM   #2
Clipper

Default Re: Traders trading ability Q's - Star Munchkin

Timing for abilities that require discards is determined via the order of which set of discards hits the table (or discard pile) first, so I'd use that in the case of two Traders.

You can't just discard Items for no reason, so that is not a way to bury the important one. However, if you do have a method of legally discarding Treasure cards and you play the card that causes that or discard before the Trader is able to discard, then you will safely bury the offending card.

Having a Go Up A Level card ready to go would be the best method here. If the GUAL hits the table before the discards, it will become the top discard and bury the Item. Curse cards that will force others to discard a less important Item or other Treasure card might be useful to play too.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:30 AM   #3
Diseptikon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipper View Post
Timing for abilities that require discards is determined via the order of which set of discards hits the table (or discard pile) first, so I'd use that in the case of two traders.
Sorry I am having difficulty understanding what you mean by this. Can you elaborate please? As for gual that is indeed an excellent tactic, thanks.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:48 AM   #4
Brf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diseptikon View Post
Sorry I am having difficulty understanding what you mean by this. Can you elaborate please?
He means if you have two traders trying to discard and pick up the same card, whoevers discard hits the table first is the one who gets it.
Brf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:51 AM   #5
Diseptikon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brf View Post
He means if you have two traders trying to discard and pick up the same card, whoevers discard hits the table first is the one who gets it.
Ah I was thinking it was something more complicated than that. Thanks.