Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-13-2016, 01:29 AM   #34
Tomsdad

Default Re: High/Ultra-Tech Versions of Low-Tech Armor

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky_molokh View Post
Kromm has clarified that AoA is so all-out/reckless that it is obvious to an opponent as an opening/opportunity. I suppose you can call it lowercase-t telegraphed in terms of opening/defenselessness.
Thing is that in the unspoken assumed context of GURPS combat (i.e vaguely cinematic, not kids windmilling in the play ground, or drunks rolling around on the pavement outside the late serving kebab shop

And that leaves aside real life is never going to be as binary/gamest as everyone having the ability in a second by second scale to say "ah that chap's just hit with a +4 bonus he will not be able to actively defend against me" as opposed to "hmm that chap has received no bonus to hit me by trading his ability to defend, so therefore he will be able to defend at full ability for the next 1 second"

Real life fights are just not like that, but rule systems by their nature are always a playable abstraction of, or compromise to reality

I.e different manoeuvres while they might be specifically and distinctively defined by different rules in the system, in reality they are a sliding scale of trade off that are much harder to define let alone outwardly spot (especially where they combine with each other).

However as to weather combatants should automatically know what manoeuvres there opponents are doing is an old question with various POVs. And is also a matter personal taste of play style and combat in the game.

Last edited by Tomsdad; 10-14-2016 at 12:11 AM.
Tomsdad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
armor, armour