Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 04-25-2019, 04:37 AM   #11
DarkPumpkin

Default Re: Ogrezine 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf90 View Post
combined POD version
So is the planned PoD release just a combined volume of Ogrezines 1+2? There won't be an Ogrezine and Ogrezine 2 as separate print products?
DarkPumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 10:28 AM   #12
jfleisher

On page 27, in the “Defend the Negev!” Scenario, the flavor text is repeated twice, once in each column.

My Ogre Miniatures Blog: http://ogreminiatures.blogspot.com
jfleisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 08:31 PM   #13
wolf90

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPumpkin View Post
So is the planned PoD release just a combined volume of Ogrezines 1+2? There won't be an Ogrezine and Ogrezine 2 as separate print products?
No. They will be a combined product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfleisher View Post
On page 27, in the “Defend the Negev!” Scenario, the flavor text is repeated twice, once in each column.
Thank you for pointing this out!

D.
Proud sponsor of Ogre KS $4.5k Sheet #3 - Bringing the Vatican Guard, a Tiger-striped mercenary unit, and of course pink GEVs, to a game near you! Orders may be placed here.
wolf90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 09:02 PM   #14
Izzy_B

This might be too piddly to warrant a correction but in the art for The Daimyo and The Dragon, there's a grammatical error in the Japanese text on P3. The top left text block, left most bottom character should be す rather than せ. This according to my wife who is Japanese.

She read "OGA計画” with each western letters spelled out individually like "Oh Gee Ay (plan)" whereas I suspect the illustrator meant OGA as a kind of romanization of Ogre due to Japanese pronunciation as "Oh-ga-". Generally in Japanese loan words from other languages are done in the katakana script and Ogre is オーガー. Since that creates a artistic text flow problem (4 characters instead of three breaks flow for right to left vertical text), I understand the possible compromise here.

For those of y'all who dont read Japanese the top left text block means "For the nation, OGA Plan will take back the sea". The bottom text is "Japan New Navy". Not up to me to say if that should have been "Japan Empire" 日本帝国 or not. To be extremely pedantic, to match the expansion counter PDF it would be "New Nihon Empire" 新日本帝国 making the 新 character before 海軍 possibly redundant.

All that said, thanks to Roland Boshnack for giving us something exploring a different theater of war!
Izzy_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 05:45 PM   #15
ColBosch

Thank you, Izzy! I should note that I had nothing to do with the art, but I am very happy Drew included it. I plan on doing a lot more exploration of the Nihon-Chinese theater through my miniatures and fan fiction, and I'm hoping to write an article on kitbashing the plastic models to represent machines like the Oni and Samurai.
ColBosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 04:03 AM   #16
Izzy_B

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColBosch View Post
I plan on doing a lot more exploration of the Nihon-Chinese theater through my miniatures and fan fiction
I've got a couple scenario sketches which might fit, PM me if you might be interested in a collaboration.
Izzy_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 12:55 PM   #17
bms

I've not yet received a notification that I can download Ogrezine II yet, but it looks like others are receiving theirs. When do I start to panic?
bms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 02:26 PM   #18
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bms View Post
I've not yet received a notification that I can download Ogrezine II yet, but it looks like others are receiving theirs. When do I start to panic?
Please contact kickstart@sjgames.com for support. The team can look into this for you.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 02:24 PM   #19
Misplaced Buckeye

So my 2 downloads arrived yesterday and was well worth the wait. "Mercy" was an excellent story and already has me thinking about way to work her into scenarios as well as her mysterious Statement. Got a lot to think about.
Misplaced Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 06:45 PM   #20
Brad Shantz

I haven’t received my download link, yet, and reached out to the email you shared, twice, Phil.....crickets. Who do I poke? :-)
Brad Shantz is offline   Reply With Quote