Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 12-26-2013, 08:46 PM   #1
ThatMusicWriter

Default The End of Days [OOC]

You are on an island 5-star resort off the Australian coast, enjoying yourself quite a bit. Little do you know that the virus has taken hold, and soon the biggest epidemic of all time will spread: Zombies.

This will be a 75-point, GURPS campaign. You will be playing ordinary folks, be it the hotel staff, a sweepstakes winner, a drug lord, a model, or something else? You'll decide how you survive The End of Days.

NOTE: I have no disadvantage limit so you can get creative. I WILL exploit excess disadvantages.

IC gameplay will be based on my dice rolls. You tell me what you want to do, I'll tell you if you do it, it's simple as that. If a player does not act within two days, their character will be assigned at random to follow and assist a random PC until their return. If a player will be away, they must think of a place for their PC to be at that time. For example: Bob is going on vacation for one week. He could say that his character, William, tripped and struck his head, and is remaining at the infirmary until he recovers from a concussion. I will ensure Williams survival in the camp until Bob returns.

Last edited by ThatMusicWriter; 12-26-2013 at 08:58 PM.
ThatMusicWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 09:08 PM   #2
the_matrix_walker

Default Re: The End of Days [OOC]

Carlos Esposito was born in the islands. Carlos' mother died from an illness while he was still a toddler. His father sold their home, bought an inexpensive houseboat and moved them the island to try and give them a fresh start. Their life was good, if not easy, for some years. The elder Mr Esposito became an EMT. He was a Doctor in Brazil, but a disreputable patient had frivolously sued him for malpractice after he had left, and he lost his medical license in the process.

When Carlos was 12, he came home to find police on their dock. He was nervous that someone had seen him steal some trinket, as the boy has a terrible case of sticky fingers. Once he found out the truth, how he wished that was why they were there. His father had been murdered. He had responded to an emergency call, which turned out to be a shoot out between rival cartels, and he was taken at gunpoint to treat the criminals injuries, then shot and killed when he was done to prevent him from identifying them.

When the police tried to take Carlos into custody, he ran away to live on the streets. He lived from day to day as a pickpocket and minor thief for the next two years. He had always had a knack for machines and building things, and decided he was going to "go straight" and got himself a tool belt and set out to try and find odd jobs as a legitimate handyman, but very few prospective customers would trust a kid to do their repairs.

His petty thefts continued and his exploits came to the attention of the local cartel, who demanded he pay tribute for operating in their territory. What they were asking for was more than Carlos stole. To pay them off, Carlos would have to steal twice as much as he ever did before. He decided it would be better to run, and stole a motorboat and used it to get to a passing cruise ship. Carlos stowed away not knowing where it was headed. After some time at sea, sleeping in a storage locker he'd found, they pulled into a little resort island just off the coast of Australia. Carlos thought it was beautiful there, and decided that this is where he would make his new start.

Last edited by the_matrix_walker; 12-31-2013 at 02:27 PM.
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 09:32 PM   #3
ThatMusicWriter

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
ooh, I think I want to be a Lumberjack! ;)
OK then, draw up a character and let's get started!
Old 12-26-2013, 10:35 PM   #4
SVGwolf

Yeah, extreme sports personality. That is gonna be me. So I can get super cocky and eaten early!
SVGwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 12:30 AM   #5
the_matrix_walker

Is it a world identical to our own before zombies show up (specifically Zombie fiction exists, etc)?
Old 12-27-2013, 01:08 AM   #6
ThatMusicWriter

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
Is it a world identical to our own before zombies show up (specifically Zombie fiction exists, etc)?
Yes, but that being said, the PCs would be prone to disbelieve any zombie reports they heard initially.
Old 12-27-2013, 01:11 AM   #7
ThatMusicWriter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVGwolf View Post
Yeah, extreme sports personality. That is gonna be me. So I can get super cocky and eaten early!
Hey, every horror movie has to have THAT guy. Feel free to start work on a character.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:37 AM   #8
Darklim

Modern world zombie sandbox in a hotel? God am I in. I won't be able to join the party until the 2nd of January, because New Year celebrations.

Also, claiming dibs on the hackie-techie teen.
Darklim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 09:41 AM   #9
ThatMusicWriter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklim View Post
Modern world zombie sandbox in a hotel? God am I in. I won't be able to join the party until the 2nd of January, because New Year celebrations.

Also, claiming dibs on the hackie-techie teen.
Welcome aboard! It's okay, we probably won't get started until about then, maybe even afterwards.
Old 12-27-2013, 10:25 AM   #10
the_matrix_walker

I missed that bit about a resort... maybe a burglar... When I'm done I'll edit post 2 and put him there.

Tags
gurps, horror, play by post, sandbox, the end of days, zombie