Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 10-06-2011, 05:10 PM   #511
Puck

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post

Mitch would find Corat sitting quietly next to DeShawn by an exterior door, a closed door. Looking out the tiny adjoining window Mitch could see a handful of tough guys milling around, the apparent leader talking on a cell phone. Whatever they were talking about has given Corat a sense of warmth, and the two of them sit there contentedly waiting for something.

A footlocker-type chest protrudes from an adjoining room.
Mitch pauses to take in the scene and then moves around the corner and with a small bang of essence returns to his Vessel. Straightening his clothes he steps around the corner and nods at both Corat and DeShawn "I see you have everything under control it seems. What's going on?"
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 06:32 PM   #512
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Mitch pauses to take in the scene and then moves around the corner and with a small bang of essence returns to his Vessel. Straightening his clothes he steps around the corner and nods at both Corat and DeShawn "I see you have everything under control it seems. What's going on?"
Corat beams--you'll notice DeShawn is not startled. "He's not initiated. That trunk is full of magic toys, including possibly some relics. And we need a car."

On the other end of the phone answers the latter. "Actually my best lead for a fast car in L.A. is here tonight. I could contact others but there are risks involved."
Old 10-06-2011, 08:02 PM   #513
ladyarcana55

Quote:
On the other end of the phone answers the latter. "Actually my best lead for a fast car in L.A. is here tonight. I could contact others but there are risks involved."
"John? Heard that? Maybe you can 'borrow' Kingman's car?"
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 10:01 AM   #514
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
Big puppy-dog eyes speak to you of a parental disappointment. "The names are in here," he says, pointing to his own head. "In my desk are a couple packs of stickers I could label them with, for you, except that walking will be exceptionally hard." The snarkiness is replaced with mere sadness though that can't be all true--the flaming sword still draws his wary eye. "And I mean it about offering a message of comfort. I was going to tell those ladies that angels came to give me a quick death, sparing me the lingering of cancer, and not the maiming and murder that they'll learn about once they read the police report. But then I suspect you don't understand the soft lie, do you?"
Kane's face twists slightly. "I understand it well enough to know the advantages you've wrung out of it. Might do 'em good to realize you died like a punk instead of flyin' to heaven on angel wings. Maybe they'll look at their own lives a bit and what you really did to 'em."

"Now, where in the desk? And if it'd take too long for the lady here to find 'em, you can just start recitin' names here and now."

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 07:49 PM   #515
RadLilim

===Scene break===

Atop Gabriel's volcano sat a dog with wings sprouting from it's back. It had been there for weeks without moving. The flames that used to flicker along the edges of the wings now appear to be embers, barely burning. The dog looked more like a statue of stone, so covered with ash and soot as it was. It gazed across the Marches, not looking at anything in particular. An older man walked around the rim, sure footed, towards the dog. Reaching it he paused, and then sat down next to the Cherub.

"Your flame looks to be burning out, my son."

The dog turned it's head to the man, gave a small dip of it's head in respect, and replied, "Yes sir, the need to punish the cruel for me fades. I don't know what to do."

"Why don't you come and work for me for a while?"

A spark of interest lit the dog's eyes, but then was replaced with worry, "But I can't abandon my Lady."

The old man looked up and across the crater, the dog's eye following. A woman of flame stood there, too far away to make out any features, if features she did have.

"I think she understands. It's not disloyalty, Ashabel. It's just the next chapter in your life."

Understanding and acceptance crossed the Cherub's face and he stood up. A total body shake sent the gray powder flying every where, leaving a coat of white with black spots behind. The old man was oddly still clean as well.
Yves placed a hand between the Cherub's wings and they began to walk down the side of the volcano.

From across the crater a whisper of words caught Ashabel's attention. "Go with my blessing... my little spark."

===Back to the Action===

Wanna buy one? - Radueriel, Free Lilim
RadLilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 04:20 AM   #516
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
"John? Heard that? Maybe you can 'borrow' Kingman's car?"
"Bad idea," DeShawn shouts back. "That P.O.S. won't go above fifty. And it's purple."

Corat gets an idea. "I know, I'll call an ambulance." He dials Ash, knowing that if he doesn't have an ambulance he's likely to know a soldier or two locally who can get one. It worked with Pepito.

"Hey Ash. We're in west L.A. and we need a ride out, corporeally. Can you help?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
Kane's face twists slightly. "I understand it well enough to know the advantages you've wrung out of it. Might do 'em good to realize you died like a punk instead of flyin' to heaven on angel wings. Maybe they'll look at their own lives a bit and what you really did to 'em."

"Now, where in the desk? And if it'd take too long for the lady here to find 'em, you can just start recitin' names here and now."
((Forgive me for putting you all on rails a little bit in the next couple of posts--I don't want you offing the, um, main villain of the story just yet.))

"In the upper left drawer," he says evenly. He thinks about telling Kane the rather insulting truth (as he sees it), but he doesn't care to provoke the guy with the flaming sword just now.
Old 10-09-2011, 07:26 AM   #517
alexondria

Zahirah would give Kane a look that seems to say no hurting him while I'm away. Then she goes to get the labels and play secretary.
alexondria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 04:11 PM   #518
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexondria View Post
Zahirah would give Kane a look that seems to say no hurting him while I'm away. Then she goes to get the labels and play secretary.
No problem finding the labels. In fact you find several colors of dots in addition to white write-ons.

"Hand me the red dots first," says Kingman. "I'll mark the bad boys with those."
Old 10-09-2011, 06:20 PM   #519
alexondria

Quote:
No problem finding the labels. In fact you find several colors of dots in addition to white write-ons.

"Hand me the red dots first," says Kingman. "I'll mark the bad boys with those."
Unless something screams out as dangerous about the labels she will hand him the ones that he's asking for.
alexondria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 06:30 PM   #520
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexondria View Post
Unless something screams out as dangerous about the labels she will hand him the ones that he's asking for.
Kane watches carefully. I'd kill to have the Seraph back in the room, he thinks. If this is a trick ...

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
in nomine