Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-24-2018, 11:53 AM   #11
chandley

Default Re: Double-Jointed (Flexibility 2) vs. Extra-Flexible Arms (all of them)?

The ability to use your body parts regardless of orientation (critically, in combat for parrying and attacking) appears to be worth something like 6 or 7 points. +3 to the set of skills Flexibility and DJ enhance (including a conditional boost to wrestling and a very conditional penalty relief) is 5 points. +5 and the orientation ignoring ability is 15.

Perhaps we make Flexibility _just_ the bonuses, and leveled (with a max of 2 levels) worth 5 points per level. +3 per level.

Double-Jointed breaks out as its own advantage, worth 5 - 10 points. It only includes the "may bend any way" and the resultant advantages to parry, block, and attack.

This leads to Double-Joined (One Arm Only -40%) and (Arms -20%). Cutting out the ability to parry and attack with your legs, teeth, or striker (if you have one) to any orientation is not a huge limitation, hence the -20%.

Dump Extra-Flexible as an enhancement to arms completely.

I am tempted to make DJ 10 points. It IS useful even on it's own, and 5 points seems to cheap next to Ambidexterity. But I'm not married to the number.

Tags
double-jointed, extra arms, extra-flexible, flexibility, octosap