Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 11-25-2018, 06:19 AM   #21
binn05

Default Re: Exalted's Custom GURPS Sheet

Can you put Long Term Fatigue (LTF) from After The End 1 next to FP?
Old 11-25-2018, 07:14 PM   #22
trechriron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exallted View Post

Just thought I'd let you know, in case you're interested in working on making form fields for that too. I'll probably be uploading it Sunday night or Monday.

Cheers
I'll keep my eyes peeled and update that one!

Quote:
What you guys this about this design? Trying to expand the info on Fatigue:

https://i.imgur.com/8vPtxhr.png
Nice and clean.
My Blog
trechriron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 04:32 AM   #23
Grayscale

Just about done with the new version. I want to expand on the current fatigue notation, as I said earlier, but don't want to lose the ethos of the design:

https://imgur.com/a/SxzRffe

I think it looks passable, though not so "clean" as before...

Quote:
Originally Posted by binn05 View Post
Can you put Long Term Fatigue (LTF) from After The End 1 next to FP?
I haven't taken a look at After the End, what would you need exactly?
Grayscale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 04:52 AM   #24
Grayscale

Quote:
Originally Posted by phayman53 View Post
Also, on the hit location penalty chart on page 2, not sure how you could fit it, but it would be nice to have the 3d6 values for each location if you randomly roll for hit location. Though it certainly might not be feasible given the space allowed and certainly is not necessary.
Is this what you meant on the expanded hit locations? If there's something missing please tell - I 'm not too familiar with it (LT)

https://imgur.com/a/Kf4Eure

As for random rolls, the problem is that you have to "repeat" arms and legs for left and right (though one could roll 1d after to know which was hit, like it's done for hands and feet"); in any case, I don't feel it's worth putting it on at the moment!
Old 11-26-2018, 08:53 AM   #25
acrosome

I have to say that I agree that advantages and disadvantages should just be one common list. That's how GCS does it and it saves a lot of angst. Languages and cultural familiarities go there, too- since both are an ad/disad in 4e- thus freeing up that space on your character sheet for something else. You already have a LOT of space set aside for ads/disads. As your sheet is now if a character only has one language and one cultural familiarity then all the rest of that space is wasted, since you have three slots for each.

I think your sheet is very functional. You managed to conveniently fit in a lot of little things that you otherwise would have to look up during play. In that way it is superior to GCS's sheet, which is just a lot of stats and character info. I would do the weapon stats different, but that's just a personal preference thing so that's not meant as a criticism.

Can a PDF be set up to keep a running CP total? Not like GCA or GCS with drop-down lists or something- that would be absurd- but I just mean fields for the CPs that ads/disads/skills are worth which you enter manually and it keeps a total? That would be, well, perfect, frankly. Then you can format all of the other stuff to be setting-specific if you like.

Last edited by acrosome; 11-26-2018 at 09:12 AM.
acrosome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 09:00 AM   #26
binn05

Quote:
I haven't taken a look at After the End, what would you need exactly?
Long-Term Fatigue is a fast way do handle Fatigue lost because of dehydration, lost meals and lost sleep. It starts with a 0 value and increasing it reduces regular Fatigue Points. Could be just a box named LTF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acrosome View Post
I have to say that I agree that the advantages and disadvantages should just be one list.
I support that. Generally, my players have more skills than ads and disads.
Old 11-26-2018, 04:11 PM   #27
Grayscale

Quote:
Originally Posted by acrosome View Post
I have to say that I agree that advantages and disadvantages should just be one common list. That's how GCS does it and it saves a lot of angst. Languages and cultural familiarities go there, too- since both are an ad/disad in 4e- thus freeing up that space on your character sheet for something else. You already have a LOT of space set aside for ads/disads. As your sheet is now if a character only has one language and one cultural familiarity then all the rest of that space is wasted, since you have three slots for each.

I think your sheet is very functional. You managed to conveniently fit in a lot of little things that you otherwise would have to look up during play. In that way it is superior to GCS's sheet, which is just a lot of stats and character info. I would do the weapon stats different, but that's just a personal preference thing so that's not meant as a criticism.

Can a PDF be set up to keep a running CP total? Not like GCA or GCS with drop-down lists or something- that would be absurd- but I just mean fields for the CPs that ads/disads/skills are worth which you enter manually and it keeps a total? That would be, well, perfect, frankly. Then you can format all of the other stuff to be setting-specific if you like.
I see your points about languages and cultural familiarities being advantages and I agree - though for organizational purposes I like having them on a separate area on the sheet.

As for advantages and disadvantages being listed under the same area, this seems to be the a popular request so I have moved them around.

Also, I've seen pdfs sheets that total the points automatically, even some that calculate Basic Speed and Basic Lift automatically too - so I know it's possible. Though I have no idea how they do it (I suspect some programming is envolved).

Quote:
Originally Posted by binn05 View Post
Long-Term Fatigue is a fast way do handle Fatigue lost because of dehydration, lost meals and lost sleep. It starts with a 0 value and increasing it reduces regular Fatigue Points. Could be just a box named LTF.

I support that. Generally, my players have more skills than ads and disads.
I see. Will make a version without the discrete fields I had for fatigue from water/food/sleep/temp.

Alright, here's what's in for the next pass:
- Some small changes all around
- 2 front sheets (detailed fatigue and LTF)
- 2 back sheets (Basic and LT hit locations)
- Grimoire sheet
- Additional traits and skills pages

https://imgur.com/a/ViNFozq

Last edited by Grayscale; 11-26-2018 at 04:44 PM.
Old 11-30-2018, 04:53 PM   #28
Grayscale

All right guys, just uploaded a new version. Let me know what you think.

I think I might put the Ads/Disads section starting at the level of Secondary Characteristics, that way there would be much more room for tracking FP, HP and so on.

@Trechriron: If I may ask, if you decide to make these editable too, could you set up the form fields to use Segoe UI Light as a font? That's what the rest of the sheet uses and I think would look even better!
Old 12-01-2018, 12:09 PM   #29
phayman53

Great job! I really like it. Thank you for incorporating the alternate hit locations. I also really like what you did with the spell page and that you have an additional page for extra advantages and disadvantages.
phayman53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 02:36 PM   #30
acrosome

Quote:
Also, I've seen pdfs sheets that total the points automatically, even some that calculate Basic Speed and Basic Lift automatically too - so I know it's possible. Though I have no idea how they do it (I suspect some programming is envolved).
I know nearly nothing about Acrobat, but does this help? The video looks straightforward. Put a text field inside all those [brackets] and sum them... somewhere. Huh. Your form lacks a point total field. So, I guess that needs to be fixed. :)

Put in an Unspent Points field too, while you're at it. People save those for deus ex machina interventions.

The annoying thing is that you'd have to add point entries for ST, DX, IQ, HT, Per, Will, etc. Though, since you have such an incredibly large amount of space for ads/disads you could just list all of those there as Increased ST, Enhanced Per, or whatnot, but that might get cluttered. Unless you made a convention of keeping them on the bottom of the ads/disads list in a lighter font or something.

Speaking of which, those six attributes (ST, DX, IQ, HT, Will, Per) are so fundamental that they deserve to stick out a bit more on the character sheet. Maybe a larger font, or a special color?

You need a spot for point costs in [brackets] on the spell list, too. Spells are skills, and they cost points. Unless you're going to double-list them as skills, too.

Actually, is this form even meant to be filled out electronically, or just printed and hand-jammed?

Oh, and FWIW I think that moving the ads/disads section down to the level of Secondary Characteristics is very reasonable. If anything you might consider removing the Notes section to allow more space for items. IMHE even Low-Tech characters end up with long lists of items, like cord, candles, etc.- every little thing. I think you could remove Resources & Ammo and use the space for something else. That changes so often that most people just track it on scratch paper.

Is the Low-Tech hit location table the same as the one in Martial Arts? Because you could probably find a way to include all of the little "On any arm or leg hit, roll 1d. On a 1, a cutting, impaling, piercing, or tight-beam burning attack hits a vein/artery, while a crushing attack hits a joint" type of notes from Martial Arts. Someone else on this forum did a great job collating all of those various things onto a consolidated hit location table, once, but I forget who.

Last edited by acrosome; 12-03-2018 at 04:04 PM.
acrosome is offline   Reply With Quote