Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin Collectible Card Game

Old 06-30-2019, 04:22 PM   #1
Majobasil

Default Inhumane society question

Warrior location Inhumane society says reduce the gold cost of committed monster but when you put it in the middle committing it to the DMZ face down it’s technically not a monster because it’s face down...am I overthinking this?

So I wonder if I’ve been playing it incorrectly. once the location is out I’ve been throwing down 1 gold when it’s still face down in the DMZ if it’s really a 2 gold cost monster, but Perhaps you put the normal amount of gold in the middle then pull one back at check for cheating when it officially becomes a monster?

Official response please!
Majobasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 12:57 AM   #2
Malkavman

Default Re: Inhumane society question

The first way is correct. You don't pull gold off of a hired monster unless specifically directed to. The rules state:

Quote:
Once all abilities on the hired Monster have been resolved, all gold that was committed to that Monster is moved from the DMZ to the stockpile.
A monster does not care if you overpaid, they will happily take the amount of gold committed to the card to hire it. The Inhumane Society just lowers the number that would take to hire the monster by 1. That way, if you only have 2 gold left, you may still hire a 3 gold monster with that location in play.

"I wouldn't even take a whiz on this! I used to DREAM of taking a whiz on this!" - The Monarch
Malkavman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 12:35 PM   #3
Aleph
Administrator

Malkavman has it right. Once the monster is revealed and you are checking for Cheating, you compare the gold cost of the committed monster versus the gold you committed to the fight. Since it is a committed monster at this time, the discount from Inhumane Society counts.
Aleph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 04:10 PM   #4
Majobasil

Thank you gentlemen!
Majobasil is offline   Reply With Quote