Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 03-07-2013, 05:39 AM   #1
Strategist

Default Dungeon Fantasy- Optimisation Challenge

The constraints involved:

-You can safely assume adventurers in your world follow DF templates, but you don't have to.
-You can minmax with any combination of DF traits you like, using the most shameless cheats.

Your objective- to use the resources avaliable to you in order to conquer the entire world and put it under your control. You have only one P.C with which to do it with, built on as few points as possible (disadvantage limit is half however many points you choose, rounded down).

How many points does it take to pull this off?
Strategist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:26 AM   #2
Gnome

Default Re: Dungeon Fantasy- Optimisation Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strategist View Post
Your objective- to use the resources avaliable to you in order to conquer the entire world and put it under your control.
The manner and possibility of doing this depend a lot on the world. I tend to assume that a world that includes 250 point DF-style adventurers also includes other, much more powerful figures who are actually in control. So they would be the ones to stop whoever tries to take over the world.
If I were trying to take over "a typical medieval fantasy world" I would make a wizard and give him, among other things, Enslave (to turn living enemies into permanent puppets) and Mass Zombie (to turn destroyed enemies into members of my dark hoard).
Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:56 AM   #3
Maz

How about keeping it simple. Your the child of a god send to earth to make everyone believe in them and thus "conquer it".

Charisma 4 (20)
Appearance (very attractive) (16)
Serendipity 2 (30)
Danger Sense (15)
Patron (a god 30 pts; 12 or less(x2); Highly Accessible +50% ) (90)
Unaging (15)

Total: 186 points.

Throw in skills, attributes and advantages as you see fitting. (Maybe a lot of wealth and status)
But with this base alone you can slowly build up a following and have everyone else do the actual fighting. your charisma and appearance make sure you can generally get a good reaction and serendipity make sure you meet the right people. Any trouble that comes along can be handled by the patron.
You will get enemies over time, but your Danger Sense should make sure you have time to do something about it before it's too late.

You can of course add more that would be really really nice, depending on how many points you have, but this I think should be enough.

[Edit] Oh wait, I just realized you probably meant it to be limited to ONLY DF-traits... right? Then this one won't work I think. Not sure how much of it you could get as a Cleric.
Maz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:05 AM   #4
Bruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
[Edit] Oh wait, I just realized you probably meant it to be limited to ONLY DF-traits... right? Then this one won't work I think. Not sure how much of it you could get as a Cleric.
You get Unaging back because DF doesn't charge points for it - 's considered irrelevant as age-draining effects work on a %age of lifespan and the game is assumed to not last long enough to otherwise matter.

Being divine origin is pretty easy, take one of the half-spirit templates (whichever is appropriate).

Otherwise, I think the Patron is actually a legit power-up for Clerics? If not, take Divine Favor instead of the standard Cleric package, that's basically the Patron :)
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:24 AM   #5
Figleaf23
Banned

Destiny (Great Advantage: Rule the world) (Cosmic: Big rule exemption (Actually does guarantee success) +300%) [60]
Figleaf23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:34 AM   #6
gilbertocarlos

Status 8(40)
gilbertocarlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:15 PM   #7
Aneirin

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilbertocarlos View Post
Status 8(40)
Plus feudal/political/religious rank (depending on who is in charge) 8

If it exists with status 40 (80 in total)

Status reduced to 30 points due to imputed status

If independant of status, 80 points for it.

Disadvantage megalomaia...and pyrophilia...and intolerance kittens.

I am the mad and awesome pope who burns kittens and rules the Theocracy!

Can probably take it down to minuses depending on how mad.

BUt again, I don't think this is what the OP meant as we need to use DF templates...pity I have never seen one!
Aneirin is offline   Reply With Quote