Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 01-13-2013, 05:02 PM   #1
Jess

Default Multiple Munchinomicons?

I searched around for this and I can't seem to find anything on the subject.

I just stumbled upon some copies of the Munchkinomicon booster pack at a local game store earlier today and in my haste I bought 2 of them (knowing they're out of print) without realizing it's special in the sense you don't shuffle it in, etc. (I use plenty of expansions so I bought two thinking I'd need two so it would show up often enough in the deck.) So now here I am trying to decide if I should either open the second pack and play them both, as chaotic as that sounds like it would be, or just return the second one.

Thoughts?
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:17 PM   #2
Clipper

Default Re: Multiple Munchinomicons?

Having two copies of every Spell would make the Spell deck a tad less predictable, but that isn't a very big issue. I can't think of any way to use the second Munchkinomicon card as both copies would always go over to the same person, unless you implemented some sort of House Rule, such as somebody who satisfies the conditions for getting The Book chooses which Book they want to take.

I'd probably either return it or keep it, wrapped, as a collectible.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:30 PM   #3
Jess

Default Re: Multiple Munchinomicons?

Yeah I assumed if anyone had done this before, you would just chose who you wanted to take the Munchinomicon from when you fit the conditions to receive one. My first thought was it would help with people wanting the book really bad, and make the odds not so heavily stacked in the favor of whoever happened to be in possession. I'm honestly probably just going to return it because I have no reason to hang onto it as a collectable.

I suppose having two of them would only really work in full parties (Which I usually run), but still, probably a bit too crazy.
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
munchkinomicon