Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 01-10-2020, 12:57 PM   #11
Astromancer

Default Re: Blending Star Trek and the World of Darkness (classic)

Vampires and Wraiths are least changed. Wraiths barely see reflections of these new worlds in the realms, but those vague shadows are growing.

Vampires don't remember that change, just going from top of the food chain to being chased by people with phasers knocked out and sent to penal colonies for the criminally insane (the Tzimisce are annoying the hell out of everyone by calling themselves Lord Garth of Izar before the Malkavians can).

Some elder Vampires are known to be loose and out there and not all lower generation vampires were caught.

Ancora Imparo

Last edited by Astromancer; 03-07-2022 at 07:04 PM.
Astromancer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 08:28 PM   #12
Prince Charon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astromancer View Post
Vampires and Wraiths are least changed. Wraiths barely see reflections of these new worlds in the realms, but those vague shadows are growing.

Vampires don't remember that change, just going from top of the food chain to being chased by people with phasers knocked out and sent to penal colonies for the criminally insane (the Tzimisce are annoying the hell out of everyone by calling themselves https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Garth_of_Izar]Lord Garth of Izar[/url] before the Malkavians can).

Some elder Vampires are know to be loose and out there and not all lower generation vampires were caught.
You might want to edit the Garth of Izar link.

"The more corrupt a government, the more it legislates."
-- Tacitus

Five Earths, All in a Row. Updated 12/17/2022: Apocrypha: Bridges out of Time, Part I has been posted.
Prince Charon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 07:45 AM   #13
Astromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Charon View Post
You might want to edit the Garth of Izar link.
I'd love to, and now it's done.

Ancora Imparo

Last edited by Astromancer; 03-09-2020 at 09:37 AM.
Old 01-12-2020, 06:42 AM   #14
Prince Charon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astromancer View Post
I'd love to, but it isn't an option.
Does being On Notice mean that you can't edit, or is this a smartphone issue, or something that I haven't thought of?

"The more corrupt a government, the more it legislates."
-- Tacitus

Five Earths, All in a Row. Updated 12/17/2022: Apocrypha: Bridges out of Time, Part I has been posted.
Prince Charon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 06:59 AM   #15
Astromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Charon View Post
Does being On Notice mean that you can't edit, or is this a smartphone issue, or something that I haven't thought of?
The first. But I'll get a better link to Gath later.

Ancora Imparo
Old 01-13-2020, 12:01 PM   #16
Astromancer

First, Gath of Izar.

Second, the vampires are shocked that the Tzmisce have watched TV, and the Malkavians are netted that the Tzmisce got to the quip first.

Third, the Federation people running the rehabilitation camps don't know why they're all talking about a war hero they could never have met.

Ancora Imparo
Old 01-13-2020, 12:24 PM   #17
Astromancer

The Cathayans or Kuei-jin have also been rounded up. If anything they're far more outraged than the Cainite vampires.

A small number of the most enlightened Kuei-jin have gotten away. Certain heretical dharmas like the Cerulean Curtains or the Rising Phoenixes get greater levels of freedom as do selected members of the Way of the Gods. Meanwhile, another heretical dharma, the Scorpions, and the non-heretical Devil Tigers, are under intense lock down 24/7 like the more distrusted Cainites.

Meanwhile, Dhampires (the children of Kuei-Jin), Ghouls, and Revenants are also gathered up into the penal colonies. The Dhampires, being the most independent and reality focused are pretty much scheduled for release. The Revenant families generally disturb everyone they meet and are kept under watch like Vampires.

The few Risen and Mummies that the Federation has found/captured are judged individually, but sternly.

Ancora Imparo

Last edited by Astromancer; 10-17-2021 at 07:38 AM.
Old 01-14-2020, 08:12 AM   #18
Tomsdad

would you keep the cosmologies?

I'm think more specifically werewolf's and mage's
Old 01-17-2020, 12:37 PM   #19
Astromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomsdad View Post
would you keep the cosmologies?

I'm think more specifically werewolf's and mage's
I'll try. I've got to see if anyone has done something on Star Trek Cosmologies. After all, Spock, in the animated episode where he travels back to meet/protect his child self, does mention going to "the shrines of our family's gods" to his father. Did the Vulcans worship a pantheon but assumed their families were under the special tutelage of one or more specific members of the pantheon. Is it like Henothesim where they pick a god? Or is it like the Yoruba faiths were the gods pick you?

And what cosmologies do the Klingons, Romulans, Bajorans, Betazeds (Sacred Rings and Holy Chalice remember) and others have.

My instinct is to stick primarily to Mage and add in anything else fun and colorful.

Ancora Imparo

Last edited by Astromancer; 03-07-2022 at 07:07 PM.
Old 01-20-2020, 12:47 PM   #20
Astromancer

The Imbued have shown up in this setting as well. The Imbued remember both their past lives before the transition and the lives they have now, in this they are like the Mages, and Changelings. The Mercy Creeds, Innocents, Martyrs, and Redeemers have mainly shown up within the Federation. The Vision Creeds Visionary, Hermit, Waywards are almost exclusively found outside of the Federation, or on worlds like Tasha Yar's brutal Homeworld. The Zeal Creeds Avengers, Defenders, and Judges are split between the many societies of the galaxy, but which group is dominant is unknown.

The Hunters seem to be coming to the consensus that those supernaturals that support stability and survival are needed allies. The Mercy Creeds tend toward seeking to build alliances. The Zeal Creeds tend to split between announcing that they're "in" and seeking recruits to their causes. The Vision Creeds tend to seek followers, with the Hermits and Waywards still being most likely to simply attack or avoid.

Ancora Imparo

Tags
navy, star trek, world of darkness