Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 03-17-2011, 09:13 AM   #1
BonzaiiSheep

Default Treasure before kill

Hey guys i just played a game of Booty with my Girlfriend(i now how that sounds), but.. she was lvl 9 and against Great White Shark then i wandered in Jean La Foot. And here comes the question:
She made Jean leave the combat with Davy Jones' Lucre, and thus snatched Jeans three treasure cards as soon as he left. I wanted to object but the card did not state that she had to defeat the remaining monsters to get them, like the Magic Lamp from Original Munchkin does. So i wondered if that is the intention or just a loophole?
The same problem could be present with Polymorph potion from OM.
BonzaiiSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 09:27 AM   #2
Signboy

Default Re: Treasure before kill

This is from the FAQ:

Quote:
Important Note #4: Fighting Multiple Monsters
When you are in combat with more than one monster, you cannot resolve ANY aspect of the combat until ALL monsters are defeated or until the munchkins flee. This means that if you use an ability to make one monster disappear, you cannot claim a level and/or Treasures for beating it (depending on the method used) unless you can then kill or defeat all the remaining monsters. You cannot, for instance, use your Wizard to charm one monster and take its Treasures before fighting the rest. Combat isn't over until the WHOLE combat is over.
I'm not familiar with Munchkin Booty or the cards you are specifying, but I'm pretty sure the above statement applies to any combat situation.
Old 03-17-2011, 09:58 AM   #3
BonzaiiSheep

I thought it was illegal just didn't remember where i read it but thanks a lot :)
BonzaiiSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:59 AM   #4
MunchkinMan

It's also right in the rules, page 1, in the callout box entitled, "Contradictions Between Cards and Rules," which lists four rules which no card can break unless the card specifically says it is breaking such a rule. In other words, if a card seems to break one of those four rules, it doesn't unless it says, explicitly, that it is breaking that rule. The specific rule in this case:
3. You cannot collect rewards for defeating a monster (e.g., Treasure, levels) in the middle of a combat. You must finish the fight before gaining any rewards.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
combat, treasure