Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS > GURPS Character Assistant

Old 03-17-2006, 02:08 PM   #1
Armin
GCA Prime

Default If you use custom character sheets, such as FlexSheet...

If you use custom character sheets, such as FlexSheet or Armin's Color Flow sheet, you need to get a version updated for use with the new tags created and used by GCA as of 4.0.287. Not getting an updated version means you'll see some odd, and incorrect, things printed to the sheet for weapons.

If you're updating such a sheet, read this post.

Thank you.

Armin
Armin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 02:42 PM   #2
Armin
GCA Prime

Default Re: If you use custom character sheets, such as FlexSheet...

I have updated Armin's Color Flow Sheet to use the new charX() tags from b287, and have posted it to my sheets site at http://www.misersoft.com/gca4/.

Armin
Armin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 01:40 AM   #3
tmedwards

Melange's FlexSheet has been updated for GCA v4.0.287. This update also includes Min ST for melee weapons, armor divisors for all weapons, and a few other very minor fixes here and there.

Cheers!

GCA4 resources: GCA Repository, Phoenix (r66), GMCS (2.17), Bookish (r12)
tmedwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 02:20 AM   #4
Grayson

Armin, I am having trouble using your character sheet. I know that it is me. I am not very good with computers at all. I went to your site and downloaded the character sheet, clicked "Saved As," and saved it into the folder that has GCA. However, when I create a character and click on "Print Preview Using..." and then double click on your character sheet, I get this error message

"The GCS file is not marked as a VBScript file, so it can't be run
You should have VBScript as the first line of the file if it is a proper VBScript GCS file."

I didn't alter the file at all and I saved it as is. Like I said, it maybe something really simple but I know very little about computer. Incidentally, I get the same thing when I try to use Melange's flex sheet. What am I doing wrong? They both save as html files, is that part of the problem?

Lastly, I went into GCA using Windows Explorer and looked at the file. The first line in the file is VB Script. Can you please tell me how am I screwing this up? Thanks.
Grayson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 04:24 AM   #5
Kitty_Of_Doom

Location: Klagenfurt,Austria; held captive by two well-trained tincan openers....

Quote:
I didn't alter the file at all and I saved it as is. Like I said, it maybe something really simple but I know very little about computer. Incidentally, I get the same thing when I try to use Melange's flex sheet. What am I doing wrong? They both save as html files, is that part of the problem?
Don't click the download link with the left mouse button!
Click with the *RIGHT* mousebutton and then choose "save target as..".
If you leftclick the link the browser opens the file and everything goes down the drain.

Last edited by Kitty_Of_Doom; 03-20-2006 at 04:31 AM.
Kitty_Of_Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 07:04 AM   #6
Grayson

Thanks Kitty, that did the trick. I was instinctively left clicking.
Grayson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 08:04 AM   #7
Naryt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmedwards
Melange's FlexSheet has been updated for GCA v4.0.287. This update also includes Min ST for melee weapons, armor divisors for all weapons, and a few other very minor fixes here and there.

Cheers!
And, of course, I emailed him my updates (which duplicated most, but not all, of yours) without checking the site first. Thanks for the great work!

Better role playing than dragon slaying!
Naryt is offline   Reply With Quote