Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin Collectible Card Game

Old 09-04-2019, 03:54 AM   #1
Madge

Default Deadshirt question

Hi guys, I have a query about the card Deadshirt from the Grave Danger set. You can find details about the card here:

https://munchkinccg.game/gameplay/ca...ger/deadshirt/

Is it just me or is this card garbage? Surely it would be better if it cursed the attacker's hero with bleed?

Many thanks

Last edited by Madge; 09-04-2019 at 04:03 AM.
Madge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 07:11 AM   #2
Majobasil

Default Re: Deadshirt question

Ha, I never noticed that before. I’m pretty sure it’s supposed to say stick this to the ATTACKER’S hero card. That’s the way I’ve always played it anyway.
Majobasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 08:55 AM   #3
Madge

That makes so much more sense, then it is actually a pretty powerful card, especially if your opponent is hitting with some heavily powered monsters. I wonder how many typo's and mistakes there are on other cards...
Old 09-04-2019, 10:02 AM   #4
Majobasil

I haven’t found many typos but there are definitely some rules and mechanics that could be better explained. We’ve posted dozens of questions here and the developers have been awesome at responding in great detail.

Where you from man? Check out my channel and let us know if you’d like to play online.

https://www.youtube.com/user/majobasil
Majobasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 02:57 AM   #5
Malkavman

It seems like they just went on autopilot from the text on the Neck Romancer, and forgot that the Deadshirt was a defensive card! I Think we need the official ruling so the rules lawyers don't make us put our own dead allies on ourselves for bleed!

"I wouldn't even take a whiz on this! I used to DREAM of taking a whiz on this!" - The Monarch
Malkavman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 01:01 PM   #6
Aleph
Administrator

This has been determined to be an error. The card has been errata'd in the card database as follows:

Deadshirt
Updated: 0-09-2019

The ability should be:

When this is squished in a fight, remove all tokens from this and stick this to the attacker's Hero card. This changes to card type "Mischief – Curse". That Hero has Bleeding 1.
Aleph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 02:00 PM   #7
Madge

Nice! I am sure someone else had noticed that before but now I feel like I am part of the game! :)
Old 09-15-2019, 07:12 PM   #8
Malkavman

On another note about the Deadshirt: after he is squished in combat, when he is changed to "Mischief - Curse," can he be Trololol'd at that moment?

"I wouldn't even take a whiz on this! I used to DREAM of taking a whiz on this!" - The Monarch
Malkavman is offline   Reply With Quote