Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 07-13-2014, 02:41 PM   #11
jeff_wilson
Computer Scientist

Default Re: Cabal 4e -> WE NEED IT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailanka View Post
I personally don't feel Monster Hunters and Cabal are a good match.
I had some success in setting up Monster Hunters/Black Ops as a form of natural cliological defense against infection by dimensional travel. It began as a reason to allow the party to enjoy their plundered magic but not make them conquerers by dimensional blitzkrieg;rather than say their powers are much weaker in other dimensions, I played it up that things always seemed to work best and most reliably in their home dimension where things felt right.

The Cabal can then add them to their armies of subverted pawns and extend their web of intrigue across dimensions, using these "antiteratic conspiracies" to keep unaligned (and weakly aligned) creatures in check.

The Campaigns of William Stoddard
jeff_wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 01:19 AM   #12
Mailanka

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_wilson View Post
I had some success in setting up Monster Hunters/Black Ops as a form of natural cliological defense against infection by dimensional travel. It began as a reason to allow the party to enjoy their plundered magic but not make them conquerers by dimensional blitzkrieg;rather than say their powers are much weaker in other dimensions, I played it up that things always seemed to work best and most reliably in their home dimension where things felt right.

The Cabal can then add them to their armies of subverted pawns and extend their web of intrigue across dimensions, using these "antiteratic conspiracies" to keep unaligned (and weakly aligned) creatures in check.
I don't mean that Monster Hunters should never exist in a same world as the Cabal, and I certainly don't mean that you can't strip-mine monster hunters for ideas. Rather, I mean that you shouldn't simply grab Monster Hunters and that pyramid article on how to convert MH to Cabal and run Cabal using straight MH rules. I don't think those rules are a good fit for the feel and focus of what a Cabal game typically focuses on

(Unless you want to run a game about Crusaders who make surgical strikes against Qlippothic invasions, but that's just Monster Hunters in Cabalistic drag)
Old 07-14-2014, 03:13 AM   #13
scc

Yeah, a larger list of Lodges that make up the Cabal would be useful. And I asked the forumites how they thought the Cabal handled the fact that differant magic systems worked on differant worlds, so getting an offical answer to that would be useful, espically if it turns out that differant Lodges use differant systems.

As for a map of how the Cabal see's the IW, one of the world write ups talks about how the Cabal found it first, several hundred years ago by someone following some sort of path, whether physical like dimensonal highway or a mystic one I can't remember, so they likely have them broken up by these paths
scc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cabal