Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip > The Fantasy Trip: House Rules

Old 03-13-2019, 08:20 AM   #1
hcobb

Default Riding rabbits

ST 1d+12 DX 12 IQ 5 MA 10
Bite 1d Kick 1d
Has two levels of Acute Hearing. It costs them 2 MA less to jump so their normal "running" speed is to jump over every other hex with ten jumps per turn and so cover 20 hexes per turn. Jumping over a two hex gap costs 2 MA and requires a 5d roll against ST + DX and so on.

This jumping motion adds one die to the hit difficulty from missile weapon attacks by their riders so the Halfling riders use only thrown weapons.

In all other cases treat them as ordinary riding horses. There are a few warbunnies, but these are very rare.

Example:

A ST 16 DX 12 IQ 5 MA 10(6) rabbit carrying 90 lbs of Halfling and 38 lbs of gear would have MA reduced to 6 and so hop 12 hexes per turn.

Last edited by hcobb; 03-13-2019 at 08:54 AM.
hcobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 12:10 PM   #2
Skarg

Default Re: Riding rabbits

* How many hexes in size are they?

* At ST 1d+12, what rides them? (I remember trying the encumbrance math for goblins riding ST 16 dire wolves and IIRC it didn't work out very well.)

* What do you mean by "jumping over a two hex gap costs 2 MA"? Are you re-wording the existing rules in a way I don't understand, or making it so they move 50% faster when jumping farther? Oh wait, per your last example, it seems like you do think jumping increases MA? I think that wants explanation of how that works.

* For the 5d vs ST+DX roll, it seems to me rabbits are one of the best examples of specialized jumpers, so why would they use the human formula for jumping? Only with heavy riders aboard? Seems to me even a normal house rabbit can probably jump over 8 feet without needing any DX roll unless the circumstances are weird.

* Why would the jumping motion only impair missile weapons but not every other weapon type? Even if you think missile weapons would be impaired most, don't you think hopping would be a big issue? How about -1 DX per hop per turn?
Skarg is offline   Reply With Quote