Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 04-03-2009, 10:54 PM   #321
ladyarcana55

Default Re: [IC] Wear a Badge, Carry a Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agemegos
Chu
Not in gen'ral. Maybe where you come from, but prob'ly not. Certainly not in the Service. People so of'en get posted away, and sometimes hurt an' killed, that they take their joy when they can. Joy postponed is lost forever. Assumin' that we get t'gether later it'll be nineteen days from introduction to intromission. An' that'll be a record for me, by a long chalk.
Kiloni
No, no. I meant the...fox trot. I thought that took longer than, well, that.
Quote:
Chu (astonished)
You h'ain't? ... Well it's high time you did.

Kiloni (Blushing)
I always had a chaperone, even when I wasn't supposed to have one, my parents would send one of my brothers to follow me.
Quote:
Love is long, but Life is fleetin'
An' our hearts, though stout an' brave
Still, like muffled drums are beatin'
Fun'ral marches to the grave.

Let us then be up an' doin',
With a heart for any fate!
Still achievin', still pursuin'!
Learn to labour and to wait.
Kiloni looks at him in surprise when he starts. But that quickly gives way to delight. By the time he is done with his recital, she is completely starry eyed and enraptured.

Quote:
Chu
We'll dance. An' then I'll take you where-ever you want to go.
They dance and she makes sure to attend to Hart and Penny. When it's time to retire, she walks to her room with Chu, her arm around him. She wants to say something, but she is being very shy. Finally, she gets up the nerve to let it out.

Kiloni
I am so nervous! I know I am so inexperienced, I'm going to be really boring to you. But...<Blushing furiously as she struggles to get the words out>...will you stay with me anyway, please?
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:56 PM   #322
Agemegos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55
Kiloni
I am so nervous! I know I am so inexperienced, I'm going to be really boring to you. But...<Blushing furiously as she struggles to get the words out>...will you stay with me anyway, please?
Chu
Nothin' would give me greater pleasure.

Nor you, if I'm worth my wages.

Last edited by Agemegos; 04-03-2009 at 10:59 PM.
Agemegos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:57 PM   #323
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Chu
Nothin' would give me greater pleasure.

Nor you, if I'm worth my wages.
She looks at him in confusion.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:01 PM   #324
Agemegos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55
She looks at him in confusion.
Chu smothers her confusion with a passionate kiss.

*fnord*fnord*fnord*fnord*

Last edited by Agemegos; 04-04-2009 at 12:05 AM.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:04 PM   #325
Agemegos

Default Disembarking from the 'Stratheden'

On Wednesday 23rd of January, 573, the 20:00 seating for dinner is postponed half an hour. Old hands at space travel have been self-medicating in the cocktail lounge for just such an emergency, and retire to their cabins "to dress for dinner" at 19:45. At 20:07 chimes once more ring through the Stratheden. An officious contralto announces that the ship will come out of warp in five minutes. Again, there are no instructions that anything need be done, for indeed there is nothing to do about it. At 20:12 the speakers chime a mournful and urgent little tune, and the revolting wrench of jumping into warp is repeated, this time with the feeling of having stepped onto a non-existent stair and fallen ten centimetres in every direction simultaneously. Stratheden is once again in the immensity of normal space.

Taking the spin off the ship is postponed until 21:30, to allow for dinner, and it is announced that the spin will not be restored. Stratheden will de-spin, then accelerate for half an hour, then coast for twelve hours with an end-for-end flip in the middle, then decelerate for half an hour, and then orbit in free fall while the passengers are landed in lighters. First-class passengers disembark first, according to the schedule available on the InfoNet.

Atalante Szábo, Kiloni, Penny, Bear, and Willem Chu have their trunks packed for the robots by 07:30 on Thursday morning, and take their breakfast on the Promenade to watch the Big Twitch. The Promenade is mostly deserted with the ship in free fall, and its transparent, inflated wall give a perfect view of the swelling disc of Rohan, its vast and brilliant polar caps.

The moment comes to each at a different time, but it comes to each. At one instant Rohan is a swelling ball off to the side, blue and tan, frosted with ice and clouds. Then, suddenly, without warning the perceptual trick occurs, the Universe twitches through ninety degrees, out becomes down, Rohan is a world, and the observer is hanging, falling, a million metres above a landscape.

Penny
Wow!
Szábo
Gets you every time.
Waiting for disembarkation by lighter is normally tedious, but today the characters enjoy for the first time a privilege of Imperial officers. They are sent down in the first lighter "with the despatches".
Old 04-03-2009, 11:07 PM   #326
ladyarcana55

Kiloni watches the entire spectacle in awe. She is sitting with Willem and holding his arm and hand tightly. She is very excited but nervous about what is coming.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:46 AM   #327
t@nya

Penny also watches, with a feeling of wonder.

She thinks to herself:
It's great that, even in these days of being able to travel to stars whenever we wish, we're not so used to it that sights like that seem mundane.
t@nya is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flat black, mysteries, planetary romance, sci-fi, ultra-tech