Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 12-28-2015, 03:38 AM   #3811
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalillama View Post
Glen glares at her, summons a flight attendant, and orders a stiff drink.
Ryuki tries to intercept the tiny bottle but the flight attendant is a little too slick for that. "You might want to save that, Glen. We'll be landing soon."
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
With a straight face Sunae says

"I am thoroughly convinced there is a Demon Prince of Restaurant Snobs and that he has a Servitor that carries the Word of Yelpers."
The laugh is tinged with rue. "Haunted world we live in," but it only lasts a second. "Demons give out words so easily. I once knew one who bragged he was the demon of Getting Your Tie Caught in an Escalator. Not the nightmare about it, just when it actually happens and involves a necktie. Scarves don't count--I asked." He shakes his head. "So if Yelp goes down your little rival is in serious trouble."
Old 12-28-2015, 10:07 AM   #3812
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
The laugh is tinged with rue. "Haunted world we live in," but it only lasts a second. "Demons give out words so easily. I once knew one who bragged he was the demon of Getting Your Tie Caught in an Escalator. Not the nightmare about it, just when it actually happens and involves a necktie. Scarves don't count--I asked." He shakes his head. "So if Yelp goes down your little rival is in serious trouble."
"I would not shed a tear."
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 03:04 PM   #3813
tHEhERETIC

The captain announces your impending landing and the flight attendant makes sure everyone is buckled in. The volcano does not announce your impending landing, does not seem to notice, but then why should it?

You have some time between flights, but your connecting flight will leave with or without you.

((Any side trips? Ryuki knows some people in this town but that would be cutting the time close. I'm being purposely vague on the connection time--it's important we reconnect the party, but that's Gabriel's tether here among other plot-related important people.))
Old 12-28-2015, 03:17 PM   #3814
ladyarcana55

Quote:
The captain announces your impending landing and the flight attendant makes sure everyone is buckled in. The volcano does not announce your impending landing, does not seem to notice, but then why should it?

You have some time between flights, but your connecting flight will leave with or without you.

((Any side trips? Ryuki knows some people in this town but that would be cutting the time close. I'm being purposely vague on the connection time--it's important we reconnect the party, but that's Gabriel's tether here among other plot-related important people.))
Sunae notes the time she should be back and makes her way to the volcano. She spends time there, thinking, meditating.
Old 12-28-2015, 03:34 PM   #3815
Dalillama

Glen spends his time in a bar in the airport.
Dalillama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 11:39 PM   #3816
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Sunae notes the time she should be back and makes her way to the volcano. She spends time there, thinking, meditating.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalillama View Post
Glen spends his time in a bar in the airport.
Ryuki splits the difference, offering to share a cab with Sunae. If she accepts the cab will drive her to her destination but he will continue on to somewhere else. As he drops you off, he'll point out the bus routes that would get you back to the airport. He clearly knows this town.

He returns not long after to join Glen at the bar, though he himself is sticking with soft drinks. He complains to Glen how Odin's legend as a negotiator is overrated if he feels the need to get his opponents drunk before facing them. He'd intended to get intel on the ethereals' plots, but with his inhibitions gone he went for the more satisfying if entirely less useful errand.

((PM for that conversation if you wish))

The three of them get on the familiar old 767 that the angels know as the RedEye, which will be arriving in Los Angeles late at night. Mitch (or any other angel) may join them there. (I have to decide about Corat, Cameron, and the Lightning angel that would allow her into your company before you land.)
Old 12-30-2015, 05:55 PM   #3817
tHEhERETIC

After takeoff, Ryuki looks around to make sure the flight attendant isn't near--in case Derek's in there--and leans into Sunae just a little bit.

"So, do you agree that I'm sober right now?"
Old 12-30-2015, 09:03 PM   #3818
ladyarcana55

Quote:
After takeoff, Ryuki looks around to make sure the flight attendant isn't near--in case Derek's in there--and leans into Sunae just a little bit.

"So, do you agree that I'm sober right now?"
Sunae blinks in surprise and looks at him in confusion.

"It depends. How much time did you spend at the bar?"
Old 12-30-2015, 10:34 PM   #3819
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Sunae blinks in surprise and looks at him in confusion.

"It depends. How much time did you spend at the bar?"
"In Honolulu? Strictly cola. In Kumamoto, that was a little over eight hours ago."

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 12-30-2015 at 10:34 PM. Reason: keeping it vague
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 11:50 PM   #3820
ladyarcana55

Quote:
"In Honolulu? Strictly cola. In Kumamoto, that was a little over eight hours ago."
"I have never known you to show that kind of restraint"

She's teasing

"But really, you seem sober. Why?"

Tags
in nomine