Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 09-10-2006, 04:10 PM   #1
al_kenobi

Default GURPS: WWII GCA files?

Are there any WWII data files available for GURPS Character Assistant? I've got some people interested in a WWII campaign, but I really wanted to create the characters on the computer, and in 4th ed.

Help!!
al_kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 11:44 PM   #2
jimminy

Default Re: GURPS: WWII GCA files?

Someone (I'm sorry I forget who!) posted the updated weapons for GCA 4.

I have been working on files for GCA 4. At the moment I have all the equipment from WWII, Iron Cross and All The King's Men. I also put in ammo in clip/belt form etc. according to ammo weight. I was going to post it once it's done, but it's useable now, with the above info, if anyone wants it :)

Sorry about the othet nationalities... I'm prioritising in order of the combatants as they will appear in my campaign! I'll put in the French and Italians next.
jimminy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 11:45 PM   #3
jimminy

I also have the weapons the other awesome, industrious gent posted, and I could put them up too, but I don't know where/how to post them!
Old 09-13-2006, 06:41 AM   #4
jimminy

OK I have posted the GCA files I have written for equipment AND the GCA files some intrepid forum chap wrote for Curtis Handsaker's excellent small arms conversions. They are under 'files' in the GURPS WWII Yahoo group, so you may have to join that.

There are bound to be some errors, and I thank anyone in advance who brings errors to my attention. There are page references for most things, but not all; and I had some trouble following where some of the weapon conversions came from. I suspect Curtis, being an enthusiast, made some conversions from his own impressive store of knowledge. I tried to convert page numbers and game details to 4th ed where possible, but there are bound to be some throwbacks here and there where I could not readily update or was not yet familiar with a 4th ed rule. The Acc bonuses from scopes, for instance, have probably changed for 4th ed.

I hope the files are useful for somebody. Now someone just need to get started on the templates! Come on, guys!

Adrian
Old 09-14-2006, 02:55 PM   #5
KSTanker

ZO9SS did some conversions for GURPS 4E last year or early this year. I checked the links to his pages and they are both down. I have the files saved on a flash drive. Just contact me privately and I can forward them to anyone interested. I use them to make both WW-2 and Modern characters for 4E. Though for modern Interstellar Wars templates will work, but ZO9SS' templates that are based off the 3E World War Two templates give you a greater variety of soldiers than even 4E Space though these would work too and are already in GCA along with IWs templates which could be used for any military or civilian character of any TL-6+ era. On below TL-7 just leave of the Computer Operation skill and any others that are TL-7 or later unless you are running an alternate WW-2 where some of these skills aready exist due to advances occuring earlier than in the historical world.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:18 PM   #6
jimminy

Are they the Word files of the marvellous conversions he did, or GCA datafiles?
Old 09-15-2006, 05:15 AM   #7
flyingwombat

I have data files based on Curtis' stats for WWII equipment. I didn't write them. Someone from France did this for the US and Europe earlier this year. However, he used the empty weapon weights instead of the loaded ones in G4e and G:WWII. He also used only weight of single rounds, instead of clips etc. So, I changed those stats in the German, US, and UK to reflect what they are in GURPS. Cost of ammo I kinda guest at, relying on Curtis's numbers. I wasn't concerned about the ammo cost since I getting files for character creation for a convention game.

Anyway, I can email the compressed files to anyome if interested.
PM me.
EDIT: I uploaded the file in ZIP format to this webpage on my website. Enjoy.

Last edited by flyingwombat; 09-15-2006 at 09:45 PM.
flyingwombat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gca, wwii