Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Warehouse 23 > Warehouse 23 Digital

Old 12-22-2017, 01:33 AM   #1
Pomphis

Default Downloads shown too slowly

Apparently I have 535 downloads in my account. Right now I am waiting a couple of minutes for my download page to progress enough to show the latest pyramid for me to download it. This has been a problem for some time. Please find a way to show available downloads faster. Maybe a seperate page with only the 10 or so last ones ? The older ones will after all probably never be needed again, I have downloaded them and I have two seperate backups of my files, so both times I lost a harddrive I didnīt have to download from my account but used a backup. So for me to need them again I would have to lose my laptop and both backups at the same time, which is somewhat unlikely.
Pomphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 07:33 AM   #2
Steven Marsh

Default Re: Downloads shown too slowly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomphis View Post
Apparently I have 535 downloads in my account. Right now I am waiting a couple of minutes for my download page to progress enough to show the latest pyramid for me to download it. This has been a problem for some time. Please find a way to show available downloads faster. Maybe a seperate page with only the 10 or so last ones ? The older ones will after all probably never be needed again, I have downloaded them and I have two seperate backups of my files, so both times I lost a harddrive I didnīt have to download from my account but used a backup. So for me to need them again I would have to lose my laptop and both backups at the same time, which is somewhat unlikely.
I'm sorry you're having trouble! Hopefully we can help. I have a few comments/questions:

1) I'm not sure why it's taking so long; I have 800+ entries on my download list, and it only takes a few seconds for the list to populate. (I'm also on a beefy desktop computer, so I might just be chugging through the situation.) If it's possible, can you check on a different browser, please?

2) I don't know if it's helpful, but at the top of the column are some headers ("Order Number," "Name," and "Download Links.") To the right of "Order Number" is an arrow. Clicking it sorts the list by order number, which might hopefully push the list to more-recent orders you're looking for.

3) There's also a Search box in the top-right corner. If you know what you're looking for you may be able to type it there and have it come up faster (for example, "pyramid #3/110").

(If I sound wishy-washy about the above, it's because I can't really test it, because — again — it's not a problem I'm seeing on my system since everything pops up really fast in my browser.)

Please let me know if any of the above helps, and we'll go from there!
Steven Marsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 12:12 PM   #3
adm

Seconding Pomphis concerns about how long it takes for the pdf list to populate.

It has been slow since we lost E23. It is slow in Firefox, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, and Google Chrome. It is slow on my desktop, my laptop, my Android Tablet, my wife's iPad, and my smart phone. It is slow at my house, and several of my friend's houses.
Old 12-23-2017, 01:20 PM   #4
Pomphis

IIRC e23 had several pages with a limited number of downloads on each page.

I have only IE and chrome, and the problem exists with both and for quite some time.
Pomphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 11:38 AM   #5
Blind Mapmaker

It used to be worse for me. Now it takes about 30 s to show the whole list of nearly 500 items. It does seem to load it in chunks, though. I get the first third after about 10 s. What's annoying is that once I scrolled down and scroll back up again it takes about 5 s to show anything in the other "chunks". For me this is only slightly annoying atm, but I remember it being the chore Pomphis describes on older machines. When I was at my mum's the laptop seemed to take forever to generate a list.

As a temporary fix for Pomphis: You should be able to enter a search term before the list has been loaded. "/XYZ" for Pyramid 3/XYZ is probably the easiest to get to your newest Pyramid. For non-subscription stuff you can also go by order number on your "My Account" page.
Old 01-03-2018, 08:35 AM   #6
brandonm
Cybernetic Overlord, Protector of the Fairness, Ebliberator of Stealage & Grand Purveyor of Laser Cats

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your feedback on the speed of the Library system. If you are experiencing slow loading of your library, please send me your W23 login name and a list of what sort of device is loading things slowly. To be most useful please be sure to include type of hardware, the operating system, and the browser versions you are using when viewing your library. Additionally please include details on type of ISP you are using (i.e., is it satellite, cable, landline, cellular, etc.) to help us look for patterns related to internet speed.

To ensure I see your feedback promptly please use the subject line "W23 Slow Downloads" and email me at "brandon+slow@sjgames.com".

Thanks!
Brandon
brandonm is offline   Reply With Quote