Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Car Wars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-06-2018, 11:00 AM   #11
Blue Ghost

Default Re: Stagnation in Road Combat Designs .

Racer; I think some of your issues may be with the fact that there's an element of metagaming when designing a car. As a player-designer you want the most bang for your buck, so if you choose a Vulcan or a 50cal, then you're going to choose that special ammo option for it, and try to eek out every advantage you can out of your build budget.

I thin what you're really lamenting is the idea that there isn't a simulation element to pit you into the world of CW where you work a 9 to 5 job, have to brave the roads everyday, and only have so much cash on hand to modify your ride. In other words, there's little in the way of setting you up as Joe sixpack in the CW verse, or to create the conditions where you have to have regular equipment.

I think that's okay because in the real world hardly anybody buys regular tires for their car. Oh sure, once in a blue moon you see a car fitted with them, but nearly everyone had radials of some type these days. Unless you were dirt poor you buy radials. I can't think of any dealer that sells a car mounted with standard tires. Ditto with HD ammo or whatever in the CW verse. You try to get the most advantage at the lowest cost.

Anyway, that's just my opinion. I'm thinking if there were more adventure modules (other than Convoy) for CW, you might see NPCs with low end or regular "stock" cars.
Blue Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
road combat designs