Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 01-21-2019, 07:12 PM   #1
Sultan_of_Swing

Default Trading issues, Cleric Resurrection power, and carrying one shots in play

so me and my bros were wondering, can you trade class cards or race cards say if someone else wants it. we are very uncompetitive and help each other a lot for nothing.
And on another note say you have the big rock, but you want to switch to the bow with ribbons, can you unequip the big rock and just put up the bow or do you have to trade or give it away.
Another rule question: can the hireling carry items not usable by your class or race, like the cheat card can.
thanks, love the game!

sorry another question: with the clerics rez power, correct me if im wrong, drawing face up is when a)you kick down the door at the beginning of your turn and b)drawing treasures after defeating a monster with help.
and another: can "one-shots" go in front of you sideways (since they're items) or do they stay in your hand with the door card?

Last edited by MunchkinMan; 01-23-2019 at 02:00 PM. Reason: No one had answered questions, and though it "breaks" the rules of 1 q per thread, it's easier to answer them in one response.
Sultan_of_Swing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 02:29 PM   #2
MunchkinMan

Default Re: Trading issues, Cleric Resurrection power, and carrying one shots in play

In the future, please keep your questions to one per thread, or at most a few related questions. This makes it easier for people to find questions and their answers when searching the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sultan_of_Swing View Post
so me and my bros were wondering, can you trade class cards or race cards say if someone else wants it. we are very uncompetitive and help each other a lot for nothing.
As written, trading anything other than carried (i.e., in play) Items is not legal. That being said, you can always make a house rule to allow otherwise.

Quote:
And on another note say you have the big rock, but you want to switch to the bow with ribbons, can you unequip the big rock and just put up the bow or do you have to trade or give it away.
The rules say that you can have any number of Items in play, and also establish that you can put into play Items you can't use. The only rule that you need to worry about with respect to the number of Items you have in play is how many Big Items you have out. Normally, you can only have one Big Item in play. You're allowed to adjust what Items you are using at any time you're not in combat, even if it isn't your turn.

Quote:
Another rule question: can the hireling carry items not usable by your class or race, like the cheat card can.
Absolutely. Its designed purpose is to carry and use one Item for you, regardless of Race, Class, or other restrictions. That means it can even carry and use a Big Item for you, not going against your limit and giving you the Item's bonus and/or special abilities.

Quote:
with the clerics rez power, correct me if im wrong, drawing face up is when a)you kick down the door at the beginning of your turn and b)drawing treasures after defeating a monster with help.
Those are the most common times, yes. There are others, as some cards might make you draw cards face up. The most important thing to remember is that the limit of cards you can resurrect is defined as the minimum of how many cards you would be drawing in that moment and the number of hand cards you can discard.

Quote:
and another: can "one-shots" go in front of you sideways (since they're items) or do they stay in your hand with the door card?
If it's an Item, you can carry it (i.e., have it in play). The rules also state that you can use one shot Items from your hand and from in play, to back up that rule. Whether you have to turn it sideways or not is up for debate. I usually play them sideways so I don't count them, but it's not necessary since they're only being used if added to a combat.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote