Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 11-01-2007, 08:46 PM   #21
Geek42

Default Re: Happy Halloween! Cthulhoid creatures for 4e

So I guess this means you're not statting Cthulhu.

(Come on, you know you want to.)
Geek42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 11:03 PM   #22
Crakkerjakk
"Gimme 18 minutes . . ."

Max, this is awesome, thanks you. I was just toying with the idea of a CoC GURPS game. (Well, I've been toying with the idea for a few different types, but CoC was definitely one of em)

Semper Fi
Crakkerjakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 02:35 AM   #23
Max Schreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek42
So I guess this means you're not statting Cthulhu.

(Come on, you know you want to.)
You bet I am. But not before a few more critters. :)

Max
Old 11-03-2007, 08:24 PM   #24
Not another shrubbery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Schreck
I guess I'll leave that up to the Fright Check modifiers. Besides, the creatures I have listed so far are all at the low end of the scale, where it is possible to survive an encounter with one with your sanity intact, more or less.
What's up next... Spawn of Shub-Niggurath? Star-spawn of Cthulhu? Those would be nice lead-ins for their respective namesakes.
Not another shrubbery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 10:43 AM   #25
Max Schreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not another shrubbery
What's up next... Spawn of Shub-Niggurath? Star-spawn of Cthulhu? Those would be nice lead-ins for their respective namesakes.
I'm still working out the kinks in the Star-Spawn template (they can do a whole mess of things), but I think that they will the next ones up. Or possibly the Hounds of Tindalos.

Max
Old 11-04-2007, 11:13 AM   #26
Not another shrubbery

Quote:
But wait until Christmas, then I'll give you Father Christmas, Santa Claus and all the elves...
Missed this post before... makes me think of Gahan Wilson's pointy-toothed Santa *shudder*
Quote:
I'm still working out the kinks in the Star-Spawn template (they can do a whole mess of things), but I think that they will the next ones up. Or possibly the Hounds of Tindalos.
Cool beans! The Hounds ought to be a fun write-up. Looking forward to whatever lies ahead!

I hear you've been a bad boy this year, Willie.
Old 11-04-2007, 06:57 PM   #27
SMaykrantz

Love this stuff.

Keep it coming, Max.....
SMaykrantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 05:59 AM   #28
Max Schreck

Default The Hounds of Tindalos

Hello again.

Thank you all for your input, suggestions and kind words. I've returned bearing with me the secrets of the most dreaded denizens of the Mythos: The Hounds of Tindalos.

Despite newer speculation (mainly in Unseen Masters) that the Hounds aren't actually dog-like, but merely referred to as such, because of their wolfish behaviour and appetites, I've stayed with the original concept that they have vaguely canine features, such as a quadrupedal body.

As always, comments, suggestions and corrections are welcome.

Max

Hound of Tindalos
ST 16; DX 10; IQ 15; HT 20.
Will 18; Per 14; HP 24; Speed 7.5; Dodge 11; Move 10
SM 0; 200 lbs.
Traits: Affliction 1 - Soul Drain (Follow-Up – Tongue, Attribute Penalty (IQ), Cumulative, special enhancement: IQ loss is permanent), Claws (Blunt, Follow-Up), Combat Reflexes, DR 4 (Tough Skin), Dark Vision, Sharp Teeth, Innate Attack – Tongue 1 imp (Melee Attack: Reach 1, Cannot Parry), Innate Attack – Ichor 1d corrosion (Cyclic (10 seconds), Follow-Up – Claws), Jumper (Time, limitations: Naked; takes 1 day of subjective time per 100,000,000 years travelled; can only emerge through a corner of 120° or less), Obsession (stalk human prey through time), Quadruped, Regeneration (Very Fast), Supernatural Durability (except magic and enchanted weapons)
Skills: Brawling-15, Observation-18, Search-15, Stealth-12, Tracking-20
Weapons: Bite (1d+1 cut), Claw (1d+1 cr+1d cor), Tongue (1 imp+1 point of IQ permanent damage)
Fright Check Modifier: -10

Last edited by Max Schreck; 12-11-2007 at 07:46 AM. Reason: Added Obsession; deleted redundant No Fine Manipulators; changed Soul Drain attack to Affliction; changed Tongue damage to 1 imp
Max Schreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 07:29 AM   #29
Max Schreck

Default Spawn of the Sleeper

Okay, after some time out, here is an update to the cthulhoid bestiary: the Star-Spawn of Cthulhu.

I found these very difficult to puzzle out, so the template probably lacks a lot of things that I missed, but that's where you come in, right?

Criticisms, witticisms, corrections, directions, suggestions and commentary are all welcome, as always. :)

Star Spawn of Cthulhu
ST 70; DX 10; IQ 20; HT 20.
Will 20; Per 20; HP 70; Speed 7.5; Dodge 10; Move 7
SM +4; 20,000 lbs.
Traits: Claws (Long Talons), Doesn’t Breathe, DR 20, 10 Extra Arms (tentacles, Extra-Flexible, Weak: ST 35), 3 Extra Attacks (tentacles), Flight (Winged, Space Flight, Move 14), Frightens Animals, Pressure Support 3, Regeneration (Very Fast), Temperature Tolerance 30, Unaging, Vacuum Support
Skills: Brawling-20, Swimming-20, and any the GM find appropriate for a 30-foot gargantuan, squid-headed obscene, primordial horror.
Weapons: Claw (12d+2 imp or cut) or 3 tentacles (5d+2 cr each); the Spawn will most likely use all ten tentacles to grapple, instead of using three of them to slap investigators around.
Fright Check Modifier: -10

I also edited the Hound, adding Obsession (stalk human prey) to its traits.

Thanks for watching.

Max

Last edited by Max Schreck; 03-06-2008 at 04:05 AM.
Max Schreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 10:17 AM   #30
Not another shrubbery

Default Re: The Hounds of Tindalos

Quote:
Hound of Tindalos
ST 16; DX 10; IQ 15; HT 20.

Innate Attack – Soul Drain 1 point toxic (Follow-Up – Tongue, Drains IQ instead of HP)
Late to the party again :(
I don't have the Long story in my collection, and haven't read it in thirty years or so*... Is IQ15 really justified? My image of them was always more as predatory animals with a deep cunning. The Soul Drain should probably be a cumulative Affliction.

Tags
creatures, cthulhu, horror, monsters, templates