Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 08-04-2020, 02:31 AM   #1
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Default The Fantasy Trip Companion 2

Info on something new that's in the works.

http://www.sjgames.com/ill/archive/A...ip_Companion_2
Attached Images
File Type: jpg companion2.jpg (49.0 KB, 102 views)
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 08:05 AM   #2
Droll

Default Re: The Fantasy Trip Companion 2

On Hexagram #1's initial issue, I'd elected to receive it by mail and got a charge of memory with its delivery. Les's rough copier- printed APA made for some good times in the past.
Droll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 12:57 PM   #3
Shadekeep

This is a neat idea for a Companion volume, and likely to be new to a lot of folks (including me).

I think the zine-iest gaming mag I picked up back in the day was Metagaming's Interplay. That actually had a glossy cover. I vaguely recall some other zines I had which were straight xeroxes and the cover on colored paper, but the titles elude me now. The artwork for those were straight out of a high-school Trapper Keeper.
Old 08-04-2020, 04:17 PM   #4
Droll

Judging by the illustrated cover, first sketchy renderings won't be an impairment to the final product. I don't know if they're going to include Les's "Temple of the Tesseract" article, but that would be something to see in an updated graphic!

Your radiational propagation & decay might be instrumental in transitions & "folding in" for such a structure, in tune with Silver Surfer or Cthulhu portages.

Last edited by Droll; 08-04-2020 at 05:21 PM.
Droll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 10:02 PM   #5
ColBosch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadekeep View Post
This is a neat idea for a Companion volume, and likely to be new to a lot of folks (including me).

I think the zine-iest gaming mag I picked up back in the day was Metagaming's Interplay. That actually had a glossy cover. I vaguely recall some other zines I had which were straight xeroxes and the cover on colored paper, but the titles elude me now. The artwork for those were straight out of a high-school Trapper Keeper.
The first few issues of Space Gamer were super zine-y: photocopied, folded, and stapled. I'm pretty sure the first two or thee issues of Roleplayer didn't even bother with the folding and stapling, being just a couple of 8.5x11" sheets each. :D

But back on topic, I'm super-stoked to see more classic TFT goodness. It'll be like the FFE reprints of the old Traveller stuff, only I'll be able to buy it and it won't look like, well, photocopies of old 'zines.
ColBosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 05:19 PM   #6
DarkPumpkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColBosch View Post
The first few issues of Space Gamer were super zine-y: photocopied, folded, and stapled. I'm pretty sure the first two or thee issues of Roleplayer didn't even bother with the folding and stapling, being just a couple of 8.5x11" sheets each. :D

But back on topic, I'm super-stoked to see more classic TFT goodness. It'll be like the FFE reprints of the old Traveller stuff, only I'll be able to buy it and it won't look like, well, photocopies of old 'zines.
The first few issues of Space Gamer were way back when Dragon was just transitioning from The Strategic Review.. There weren't really options to be non-ziney in 1975!!
DarkPumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote