Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Warehouse 23 > Warehouse 23 General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2022, 09:16 AM   #61
Bruno

Default Re: New Shopify Store!

While a Downloads or Library or whatever page is essential, I'd like to comment on the Orders page (which I think should be kept).

I have 25 pages of orders, and no way to skip to a particular page, to the end of the list, and as mentioned no way to increase number of items per page.

Any paged interface needs to include the following navigation options:
  • skip to beginning
  • skip to end
  • prior page
  • next page
  • go to specific page.

EDIT: On the desktop I can of course go up to the address bar and change the parameter to the page I want but 1) many people won't spot that they can do this and 2) it's going to be a living nightmare on my phone.
Old 08-26-2022, 09:44 AM   #62
Dustin_00

Looks like some things don't have "Contents" value (makes it hard to tell if they are a hard copy or PDF):

Nightreign for example:
https://sjg-warehouse-23.myshopify.c...39723478581351

Maybe you should search the database for all empty "Contents"?

Lost Worlds has Contents (17 page PDF):
https://sjg-warehouse-23.myshopify.c...31887575154791
Old 08-26-2022, 09:51 AM   #63
Dustin_00

The Fantasy Trip Adventures 2 art is a bit confusing:
https://sjg-warehouse-23.myshopify.c...p-adventures-2

The initial image is huge, then the other 2 are tiny -- unless you realize after clicking them a mouse-over the image makes it bigger.

It'd be nice if tiny images defaulted to zoomed-in.

(And maybe better quality? I get you don't want the images just being copy-paste-printed, though.)
Old 08-26-2022, 10:14 AM   #64
Dustin_00

Can't log in.

I'm logged in here. I'm logged in on warehouse23 (Login: Dustin_00).

I tried to use the "forgot password" but that does not appear to be sending emails.
Old 08-26-2022, 11:22 AM   #65
Celjabba

Same, cannot login.

-with either the login name (denied, must use an email) or the email.

-with either w23 or the forum password.

Edit : or do we need to create a new account on shopify with the same email ?
Old 08-26-2022, 12:19 PM   #66
Aleph
Administrator

Please check the first post in this thread. You do have to create an account that matches your existing W23 account following the guidelines in the first post here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin_00 View Post
Can't log in.

I'm logged in here. I'm logged in on warehouse23 (Login: Dustin_00).

I tried to use the "forgot password" but that does not appear to be sending emails.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celjabba View Post
Same, cannot login.

-with either the login name (denied, must use an email) or the email.

-with either w23 or the forum password.

Edit : or do we need to create a new account on shopify with the same email ?
Old 08-26-2022, 04:30 PM   #67
Dustin_00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleph View Post
Please check the first post in this thread. You do have to create an account that matches your existing W23 account following the guidelines in the first post here.
Wow. Sorry, I re-read the Kickstarter message 3 times to see if I missed how to log in then I searched this thread for "login" and found nothing, so I thought it was just me.

Order complete! Thanks for the quick response!
Old 08-27-2022, 04:29 PM   #68
pmpappas

Thank you for the discount codes!

I've not poked around the Shopify store as much as I'd like yet, but I noticed the Blue, Green, Black Colossal Dice and the Kitten Adventurers Bundle are in stock on W23 but out of stock on Shopify. Also, KAB is regular price at W23 but on sale at Shopify. Personally, I like the sale price better. ;-)

And with the understanding it's much easier to complain than create, I'm not a fan of the new search function. The autocomplete function takes focus away from the original input field and pops up a short list of items that may not be what you are looking for, constantly shifts displayed items as you type, and shifts focus to a visually poorly defined input field. If you close the popup the original input field has lost focus and if you select it the popup immediately returns. Even after you complete your query what you are looking for is often not listed in the popup, requiring you click the poorly visually defined See All Results. And why does it also search articles by default? But then again, maybe I'm the only one who doesn't like the new search function. YMMV.

"Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater." - Andrew Hackard
Old 08-29-2022, 08:21 AM   #69
BobP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Villarreal View Post
Have feedback? Post here on the forums! Please keep it to actual feedback/suggestions - comments on the layout, navigation, overall experience etc., are greatly appreciated.
Two orders of my orders placed over the Summer of 2022 at WH23 do not appear in the Shopify history. They're not comps. (There's one $0.00 purchase that also does not appear.)

I imagine this will catch up at some synch some day.
Old 08-29-2022, 09:09 AM   #70
JLV

Just tried it (ordered a birthday present for a friend who loves miniatures), and it worked like a charm. The only minor issue was operator error in that I didn't fully grasp the need to launch a new account when I've been a customer for years. I think that was because when I read that all of our accounts had been transferred over, I assumed that meant I HAD an account. Anyway, I overcame that minor mental hiccup and everything went as smooth as silk during the actual ordering process on-line.

As far as order history, well, let's just say I've got hundreds of orders going back to the 80's with SJG, but the first page or so looked about right, so I think we're good.
Closed Thread