Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 03-10-2021, 01:15 PM   #11
Hide

Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC

Alright, I got the stuff about the boulder.

I guess I understand what you mean about gathering information.

Think of Bain taking a stroll around town, as if it was an amusement park. He's simply asking the locals about the main attractions, the coolest shops and the current affairs; it's almost small talk, combined with his observation. Maybe at this point he learned about the rules you just mentioned?

If the sergeants have the authority to endorse our delving (and Bain's mission), that's good. Otherwise, he is going there to advise he’s in Starhold Keep for official business, and then head for the right place (following the rules).
Old 03-10-2021, 01:47 PM   #12
Adina

Gottfried's a veteran non-com with Penetrating Voice and Leadership and Intimidation at 10. I don't see him as a leader outside of combat though. His only social skill is Carousing and his disads include Easy to Read and Truthfuness.
Adina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 01:52 PM   #13
Adina

So are we going to arrive as a group that already know each other? Perhaps we met on the way here when travelling in the same caravan? Or do we (drumroll please) all met at the Broken Hilt tavern?
Old 03-10-2021, 01:58 PM   #14
vicious Violence

Vic sits in the keep, observing and measuring the ne'er do wells, to see if there are any potential threats. He asks the barkeep if the wild animals attack the town constantly.
vicious Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 03:01 PM   #15
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurrell View Post
Gottfried's a veteran non-com with Penetrating Voice and Leadership and Intimidation at 10. I don't see him as a leader outside of combat though. His only social skill is Carousing and his disads include Easy to Read and Truthfuness.

Great! you've got carousing! that means you can start trawling for rumors! (I think we need that in order to get our first dungeon).

Telrith's "town" skills are fast-talk, research, thaumatology, and IQ 13. Plus a few hidden lore specialties that might come in handy. I could see telrith picking up some "commander" type skills once the points are coming in.

The group looks fairly slapped together, travelers of chance. I think the question of "Tavern or Caravan" should probably be a GM choice.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 03:30 PM   #16
ajardoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicious Violence View Post
Vic sits in the keep, observing and measuring the ne'er do wells, to see if there are any potential threats. He asks the barkeep if the wild animals attack the town constantly.
I think this post should go in the IC thread...
But, let me inform you that Vic has learned that most of the local crooks hang out in Quarrytown, not within the Keep...hopefully...
As for wild animals? No. The Keep faces more...wiley threats.

And, on a more general note, I've rolled Carousing and Current Affairs skills in secret on behalf of the party - anyone who has those skills used them to learn of dungeons.

What you have learned is this;
Traveling east two days from the Keep and following a stream known as the Goblinwater, adventurers have supposedly come across The Caves of Mercy, a series of monster lairs dug into a mountainside.

Last edited by ajardoor; 03-10-2021 at 03:49 PM.
ajardoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 04:42 PM   #17
Adina

Gottfried is terrible with names and so tends to use nicknames.

So what distinctive physical traits of habits do y'all have?
Old 03-10-2021, 05:39 PM   #18
Hide

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
I will playing as Telrith Stone-Friend (...) I don't think we have any particular reason to be a group (...)
Hey there Erick, good to see you!

Bain has experience as a soldier and working in teams, he prefers action rather than words. He often takes the initiative, but often keeps in mind his party’s security and his nation interests. His results commended him for “the job” at Starhold Keep. In Avalon, Bain would be an Alférez (Ensign or Second Lieutenant). He is not carrying his rank to Starhold Keep.

In the future, the plan is to include leadership and diplomacy in Bain’s character sheet, besides improving his current abilities.

Quote:
So are we going to arrive as a group that already know each other? Perhaps we met on the way here when travelling in the same caravan? Or do we (drumroll please) all met at the Broken Hilt tavern?
As far as I understand, from the GM’s input, we all arrived together.

I imagine we took the same ride to Starhold Keep, and came to some sort of agreement. Bain is at least acquainted with Gathika and Vic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicious Violence View Post
On DAY 1, while Gathika and Vic “stay” at Broken Hilt, Bain is headed to the barracks to speak with a sergeant in order to introduce himself and set a course of action (depending on the interaction’s results). Then, Bain will get to his friends at Broken Hilt for dinner.

--------------------------------

So, how did you (Gottfried & Telrith) meet with us?

Maybe you visited Broken Hilt at a certain time and recognized the guys that travelled with you to Starhold Keep, and we sat together and started forging a friendship.

I have the impression Gathika, Vic and Telrith are here to kill things. That’s an ice-breaker, IMO. They can have a good conversation.

And perhaps Gottfried and Bain pay a visit to the Barracks, considering they both are soldiers.

What do you think?
Old 03-10-2021, 06:11 PM   #19
Hide

Quote:
Gottfried is terrible with names and so tends to use nicknames. So what distinctive physical traits of habits do y'all have?
Bain’s name means white, his hair is turning white (by the way). Perhaps you could call him Alférez (maybe a rank could be easier to remember for a veteran). His motifs are Badb, Macha and Nemain, among others. This is his theme song.
Old 03-10-2021, 09:13 PM   #20
vicious Violence

Quote:
Gottfried is terrible with names and so tends to use nicknames.

So what distinctive physical traits of habits do y'all have?
Vic has a very notorious scar covering the right half of his face, and is missing half and eyebrow (resulting from the scarring)
vicious Violence is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dfrpg, dungeon fantasy, fantasy, magic, martial arts