Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 09-05-2016, 02:25 PM   #61
Kalzazz

Default Re: [Sorcery] Spellbook project

I got it to download on my phone earlier, clicking the link took me right to some clickable download thing and poof, the pdf appeared

Now I click it on my PC and it wants me to sign up for some MicroSoft OneDrive thing?
Kalzazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 02:31 PM   #62
Anders

I've put it up on OneDrive, which is a file-storing service that Microsoft has. If you PM me your e-mail address I can mail the pdf to you.
Old 09-05-2016, 04:23 PM   #63
2ndPope

Anders, There is somthing incorrect with the Hefja (Lift) spell cost.
I adress the three issues separately.

First: Cost of Telekinesis 5 (Sorcery, -15%; No fine Manipulators, -40%) must be 11.25/level, not 4.5/level.

Second: Is No Fine Manipulators a good fit here? You'd think it implies that you can not use ut for Lock-picking, Pick-Pocketing etc. But it means that your manipulation ability is equal to a hoves or paws. No picking up objects, more like shoving them along the ground or along a surface.

Third: Bjornrama (Bear Paws) comments that our campaign uses “Know Your Strength” rules from Pyramid #3/83. Those rules makes away with the No Fine Manipulators anyway. Shouldn't that be applicable to Telekinesis also. As Telekinesis lift is based on "as if you were grasping them in a pair of hands with ST equal to your Telekinesis (TK) level", the same ST scale should be used.
2ndPope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 04:30 PM   #64
Kalzazz

GURPS usually gives Bears bad grip rather than NFM
Old 09-05-2016, 04:33 PM   #65
Kalzazz

Also, I successfully signed up for one drive and downloaded it! Thanks!
Old 09-06-2016, 05:10 AM   #66
Anders

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndPope View Post
Anders, There is somthing incorrect with the Hefja (Lift) spell cost.
I adress the three issues separately.

First: Cost of Telekinesis 5 (Sorcery, -15%; No fine Manipulators, -40%) must be 11.25/level, not 4.5/level.

Second: Is No Fine Manipulators a good fit here? You'd think it implies that you can not use ut for Lock-picking, Pick-Pocketing etc. But it means that your manipulation ability is equal to a hoves or paws. No picking up objects, more like shoving them along the ground or along a surface.

Third: Bjornrama (Bear Paws) comments that our campaign uses “Know Your Strength” rules from Pyramid #3/83. Those rules makes away with the No Fine Manipulators anyway. Shouldn't that be applicable to Telekinesis also. As Telekinesis lift is based on "as if you were grasping them in a pair of hands with ST equal to your Telekinesis (TK) level", the same ST scale should be used.
Excellent points. Will come out with an update in a few days, and that will be as an Open Office document so you can change the spells yourself and don't have to go through me.

Suggestion:
Quote:
Hefja (Lift)
Keywords: None
Full Cost: 8.75 points/level
Casting Roll: None
Range: 10 yards
Duration: Indefinite

The spell creates a weave around an object or being that makes it weightless. The sorcerer can then move the ensorcelled object or being with his will free through the air. The spell has ST 5 per level, but moves things too slowly to be used for attacks. You can lift an anvil above someone’s head and let gravity do the job, but trying to swing a sword just doesn’t work. The spell is ill-suited to fine manipulation; any attempt to do fine work like picking a lock or tying a knot is at -6.

Statistics: Telekinesis 5 (Cannot be used to attack, -40%; Ham-Fisted, -10%; Sorcery, -15%) [8.75/level]

Last edited by Anders; 09-06-2016 at 06:16 AM.
Anders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 04:19 PM   #67
Anders

BTW, this RPG is apparently coming to English...
Old 09-06-2016, 05:26 PM   #68
Kalzazz

Do they explain anywhere how big these books are likely to be, and how much shipping will cost?

I can't seem to find that info
Old 09-06-2016, 09:52 PM   #69
Kalzazz

I . . . asked them

About 23.50 USD for shipping outside Sweden

Books should be around 100pgs each
Old 09-07-2016, 12:52 PM   #70
Anders

Latest version, this time as an OpenOffice File: https://1drv.ms/w/s!AubG5JOJ4rxdgR_dkEy1zAGae5qO

And as a pdf: https://1drv.ms/b/s!AubG5JOJ4rxdgSABJPQm45pVDZT5

Tags
sorcery, spells