Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 04-01-2013, 02:39 PM   #1
Jim McKigney

Default Greetings everyone. Several things I would like to ask.

Greetings everyone. My name is James Lee McKigney and I love the Munchkin card game even though I've only played once or twice.

Back in 2011 or 2012 I have bought Munchkin Fu and I played that game with my mother. But a long time has passed and she forgot the rules to the munchkin game series. I've bookmarked the rigged demo for her on her laptop and I am hoping that I could play the game with my other family members as well.

And now the questions:

1. How to I do a 2 player game the proper way? Is it also possible for a 7 or 8 player game?

2. When will you reprint Fairy Dust? I am wanting to get that set since "Waiting For Santa" has been compiled with the other christmas boosters and I am Desperately wanting the set to be avaliable for everyone and not just collectors. Plus, I am also willing to buy the munchkin storage box set 1 through 3 and various other munchkin things along with fairy dust as a thank you for hearing this plea.

3 And finally, Could you make a constantly updated cool and funny Ruleset, Tips, Tricks, Tactics and Strategy video for my mom and anyone else to look at when they need to? Think of it like a video game hint tape that gives out pointers. And the viewers can always skip ahead and back when they need to review.

I promise to abide by the rules and to be fair and treat everybody as if they were me. Thank you very much for creating this cool game that is as fast paced and deep as a video game and I hope I can tell you about my experince later onwards. Till then, Farethee well.
Jim McKigney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:43 PM   #2
Brf

Default Re: Greetings everyone. Several things I would like to ask.

1. You can't play with 2. The rules are written for 3-6. it is recommended to split larger groups into 2 games.

2. It will not be reprinted alone, although it will be part of the upcoming Game Changers set.
Brf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 04:19 PM   #3
tremorlaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brf View Post
1. You can't play with 2. The rules are written for 3-6. it is recommended to split larger groups into 2 games.

2. It will not be reprinted alone, although it will be part of the upcoming Game Changers set.
Game Changers is now available from Barnes & Noble. I got mine last Friday.

Future site of Griffon Gaming
tremorlaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 04:21 PM   #4
MunchkinMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brf View Post
Just to be clear: It's been said several times in the main Munchkin forum that the expectation is that a booster will only have one print run. I.e., once a booster is out of print, it's going to stay that way. I will not hold out hope that that could change, since that's not for me to say.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:45 PM   #5
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

A booster would have to sell *phenomenally* fast for us to consider a second printing in the same format. No, I'm not defining "phenomenally fast."

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:51 PM   #6
dhurtt

You absolutely can play Munchkin with two players. Nothing in the game stops you from that. There are just no rules to do it "properly", according to SJG (AFAIK).

You should probably use the optional Fast Play rules (the "Listening at the Door" rules, and "Looting the Room" from the Treasure deck rather than the Door deck) so you get more options in play for both players. This allows both players more of a chance to interact with one another, whether helping or hindering, and to increase the chance the game will be closer.

I personally like using the races and classes that encourage helping the other player by providing the player a benefit to do so. This increases co-operation (as both sides benefit) and makes for more interaction. That said, if you can get your hands on the Fairy Dust booster, or the Barnes & Noble special Game Changer, these contain cards that increase the benefits to helping other players. I think the last thing you want is for the two players to constantly tear at one another. The game will be vicious and likely not very fun.

Have fun and let us know how you get on.

Dale
dhurtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:15 AM   #7
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhurtt View Post
You absolutely can play Munchkin with two players. Nothing in the game stops you from that.
Other than the part that says it's a game for three to six players, of course.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote