Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 09-15-2017, 02:18 AM   #91
Friendpmcii

Default Re: Lost in Dreams (Michael)

Michael conntinues to pay attention to the hologram painting's well keeping a hand on the wall just in case he can find anything by tuch. 'If this is a gate to both sides then there may actually be someone when we get to this device.'

Ooc: had baby, likly out for week or two.
Friendpmcii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 09:34 AM   #92
Friendpmcii

Realizing that he has learned as much as possible from the pictures Michael keeps going.
Old 11-06-2017, 07:34 AM   #93
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Michael feels the walls. The captain looks at him, then sighs. He sticks a stick through the portal depicting earth. There is a crackling noise, and he pulls back the stick charred and flaming. Sticking his stick through the other portal gives a similar result. He curses, then shouts some things to his men. They continue feeling the walls, but no other openings are discovered.

The men mill about, waiting for something. The captain walks back to the room covered in runes and starts looking at them. Some of the men mutter about Sarmags again, and keep their hands on their weapons. One of the men pull out a tiny hourglass and start keeping time.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 04:55 AM   #94
Friendpmcii

I take a marble out and toss it through the portal depicting the city in hopes that it will come out the other side.

After half an hour of trying to give myself a pounding head figuring out what I am missing I start looking at the floor for any symbles. Mostly anything that may resemble a map or perfect circle. 'Maybe the floor has a warp point.'

Failing any details I make hand gestures with some one to go fetch the person who can allow me to speak.
Old 11-20-2017, 11:14 AM   #95
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Michael goes up to the city portal with his stone/bullet/marble and leans his hand back. One of the men quickly moves in front of the portal. There is quite a lot of fuss, and its signed to Michael that they'll be getting someone from the ship to help talk with him. A group heads back.

Milo Traub is brought back with a very tired expression on his face. "Captain says the Portal needs relaxing. Perhaps an hour, perhaps a day. Captain Velsink be using a sandglass."

"also, the men be wanting to ken how ye find this with such speed."

There is a shout at the end of the cave "Sarmag! Sarmag!". Men start fumbling with weapons, rising to their feet, and shouting. The blood drains out of Traub's face.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 11-20-2017, 07:12 PM   #96
Friendpmcii

Michael gets up from sitting against a wall as Traub comes in the room. "Sorry, I tried to do this without you. Turns out you are indispensable." Someone screams "Sarmag!"

"What great timing, I need you to tell me what the writing on the wall sais and why they think waiting will work."

Michael starts to load his weapon. And looks at the picture of there arrival, does it look like there where monsters?
Old 11-28-2017, 11:36 AM   #97
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Traub: "Ye done much while lacking me help. But they say ye were about to tinker with yon trap."

he gestures towards the two circles lit up on the wall, as "Sarmag!" is shouted.

Traub: "<explicative> That I were still on the ship!"

On the wall the "Monsters" appear looking something like clamshells with tentacles sticking out of them, floating through the air.

Michael hasn't loaded a gun like this before, but he's read all about them in history.

<rolled vs. history(US) to know how to load the gun 11 +2(modifier) vs 7: success!>

He stuffs the powder and ball down the weapon. It takes a while, particularly for the first time. Several shots ring out. The action is mostly taking place in the square room with all of the writing. Michael feels a surge of that illusion stuff the that room as well.

**yes, I'm not explaining what the words in the previous room meant for reasons of timing.

Old 11-28-2017, 08:59 PM   #98
Friendpmcii

Michael passes the weapon to his translator, "But how else would you learn my secret, hold this." He peaks into the other room to see what is going in, focusing on if the 'monster' is actually moving anything in fine details beyond what may constitute a stong force of wind/magic whatnot.

OOC: (Worth a shot.) I'm taking "Michael feels a surge of that illusion stuff the that room as well. " To mean that the room with words feals like a surge of illusion stuff.
Old 11-29-2017, 05:25 AM   #99
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Is he looking at the fight, or at the picture on the wall? I can't tell. And he just handed his musket to Traub, right?

Old 11-29-2017, 06:33 PM   #100
Friendpmcii

Looking at the battle, yes he handed his Weapon to the translator.

Tags
lost in dreams